1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Cowboys, thinking turnovers, challenge themselves to turn around their INT nbrs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,649 Messages
    4,773 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

The Cowboys came back to work this week with their mind on turnovers.

At least, that was one of the main things they were asked about after their bye-week break.

“We’re stressing that every day at practice,” safety Danny McCray said. “We should get it right sometime.”

The Cowboys are minus-7 in turnover ratio, second-worst in the league. Only Kansas City, at minus-15, is worse. New England and Atlanta are first at plus-10.

“Some of it is luck,” McCray said. “Some of it is catching the ball when it comes to you. And other ones are disruptions – getting hands up in the quarterback’s face. If you know you’re not going to get there when we’re blitzing on a sack or something, just try to get a hand up and get a tipped ball.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...around-their-paltry-interception-numbers.html
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,117 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Just do it please.......

We need to cause more confusion when facing QB's. We just stay in one place and say "I dare you"
  3. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,101 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    If ware is not doing the disrupting no one is
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,247 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Turnovers really have more to do with luck. A great pass rush will cause some chaos as well but even then that's not guaranteed to give you a turnover. It just guarantees you a sack. How can the secondary get INT's when they simply aren't getting tested? A more reasonable way for us to try and get turnovers is to try and force fumbles with strips.
  5. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    Yeah, this team is just unlucky each and every single season. To the tune of some of the worst running luck in the league.

Um, no
  6. rocyaice

6,247 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    So explain to me how this team was #1 in sacks a few years ago but still couldn't generate much turnovers. I watch other teams play. For some reason qb's face them and just throw some of the most stupid turnovers i've ever seen in my life. Look at how we turned over the ball against the Bears. One was a bad route by Dez. One was Romo running out of the pocket and throwing straight to Briggs.

Even the one INT Sean Lee got this year was ridiculous. There was NO ONE around Sean Lee. It was as if Sean Lee was on the offense.
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    They aren't all lucky, unless you have no talent like McCray. The ball seems to fall into Ed Reed's hands, why is that.....cause he is in the right position at the right time.

INTs should come out the secondary, and what is holding us back from having this and a more dominating D is the safeties. Shouldn't be any surprise here at all, hopefully they will get better, but don't hold your breathe as long as the opposition keeps isolating them like the Bears did so well against us.
  8. rocyaice

6,247 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Did you see Ed Reed's last interception? There was NO ONE AROUND HIM lol. I won't say its all luck but a lot of it is simply bad plays on the quarterback.
  9. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Do it D, time to get more turnovers. :starspin
  10. Deep_Freeze

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Yeah Ed has gotten lucky 59 times in his potential HOF career.

Noone around can mean alot of things, but he was still in the right place at the right time.
  11. rocyaice

6,247 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    I'm not speaking on Ed Reed's career. I'm speaking on that ONE INT. With the way the defense has been playing they should have amore turnovers then they have is my point.
  12. Deep_Freeze

6,628 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Ed only has 2 INT's so far this season, but thats more than our entire team. Whether or not we think they should have more is irrelevant, they are what they are, a team with 1 INT by an ILB for the entire season.

Hopefully we change that this weekend.