1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: FWST: Dez Bryant says he found himself in a quiet offseason: 'I had to go through...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 21, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,305 Messages
    9,949 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Dez Bryant is coming off his most quiet offseason as a pro. No family problems. No being asked to leave a mall. No complaints about unpaid bills.

His offseason has been peaceful and enjoyable.

“I’d say I found myself. I’m comfortable in my life,” the fourth-year Cowboys receiver said Tuesday on the first day of OTAs at Valley Ranch. “I’m enjoying being in the NFL. I wish it could have been a couple years back, but I had to go through a couple of things to figure it out.

“I think I’ve got it. I’m just more focused on my job and doing what I love to do, and I just play football.”

“Listening and looking at people who do it right,” he said. “I had to get around people who do it right. I feel like that’s been my steppingstone – the older guys.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...to-go-through-a-couple-things-to-figure-.html
  2. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

627 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Go dezzzzzzzz
  3. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Glad to see him grow up, but the offseason's not over yet, so keep doing what you're doing.
  4. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

5,218 Messages
    908 Likes Received
    thats the talk of guy who is ready to become leader.
  5. QT

QT Active Member

1,916 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I wonder if Jay Novacek is still his mentor.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,325 Messages
    4,042 Likes Received
    AMEN!!

Without trying to be condescending toward Dez, I just have to say that I'm so proud of him.
  7. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,299 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Happy for the guy. Not everyone gets it figured out. It certainly sounds like he has. Peace in personal life. Confidence on the field. Can't wait to see him continue to excel.
  8. Hoods

Hoods Well-Known Member

1,028 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Very proud and happy for him. He's my favorite player; an even more focused Dez will be scary.
  9. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

7,219 Messages
    2,155 Likes Received
    I want to know who are the pros he hung out with. Somebody get on that;)
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

82,170 Messages
    5,851 Likes Received
    I agree. I hate to say it but the media looked as if they were gunning for him as soon as he was drafted. He lied to the NCAA about a dinner with Deion who was trying to get him sign with Eugene Parker. There are a lot of guys in college with much worse reputation than Dez

For Dez to stand up and act mature instead of taking on some why me type of view says a lot about him as a person.
  11. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,810 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Your sig picture is absolutely brilliant.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,155 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    Reading this makes me happy haha.
  13. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,544 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    I love hearing that! I wish him all the happiness in the world after his insane childhood.

That said, it's a never-ending process. You never arrive where you can stop growing as a person. And I say the same thing about myself as well.
  14. ehcrossing

ehcrossing Waiting for 6

1,001 Messages
    653 Likes Received
    I'm so happy for this young man and look forward to watching him play for years to come with a star on his helmet.
  15. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,447 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    Jay debunked that he was ever his actual mentor
  16. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,629 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    The lack of a negative incident in recent history is a good sign. Maybe he is growing up. If so, good for him.

I think it is really hard for a person who has grown up in a disfunctional atmosphere or with disfunctional parents to figure out that that disfunctionalism and chaos isnt normal, and that it leads no where. So ...if he has come out of the wilderness so to speak and "gets it" then that is a good deal.

The problem with making that assumption is that when a person who has grown up in that type of environment gets under stress or becomes unhappy, they tend to revert back to that self destructive, disfunctional, and often irrational chaotic behavior.

Let's hope Dez is able to fully make the corner on this not only for his team, but for his own good.