1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Ex-Bucs discuss Cowboys transition to Tampa 2

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,391 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    He will likely be suspended by the league for 1-year.

YR
  2. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,768 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Ware in coverage was the most disappointing part of our defense last season.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,711 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Not sure I see that happening either. Hasn't happened to other players with similar stories.
  4. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    nobody else has ever killed another player!
  5. batman36

batman36 Member

508 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Donte' Stallworth was suspended for a year after his situation was viewed by the league.
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,786 Messages
    644 Likes Received
    Dallas should have been drafting (first few rounds) DT for past few years. Its beyond comprehension why that position has gotten such little attention. Once again, Jerry will be reactive instead of proactive and finally address the issue.
  7. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm sure he gets punished somehow by the law and he is going to get suspended by Goodell. So him being part of this team next year is a long shot.

And I don't think anyone is upset about him playing if the family is okay with it but that won't mitigate what the league will do.
  8. a_minimalist

4,711 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    so wait, killing a player is different than killing an average citizen?
  9. a_minimalist

4,711 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Maybe. I was under the impression something similar to this happened twice and both players were back playing. I could be wrong.
  10. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Is the draft that deep with OL where Dallas can wait until the 3rd round?

We all know that is the most glaring need at this point.
  11. Yakuza Rich

12,391 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    Donte Stallworth went to jail for roughly 3 weeks.

Stallworth was legally drunk, but his defense team had proof:

1) He had his last drink right before midnight. The accident happened at 8am the next morning. Stallworth thought he had 'slept it off.'

2) Surveillance video showed that the man killed had jaywalked and basically darted out in front of Stallworth's car. So while Stallworth was legally drunk (barely), the death was really the victim's doing.

That's why the victim's family settled and didn't ask for more jail time. They had a bad case and the victim was really at fault.

And Stallworth was suspended by the NFL for 1-year afterward.

YR
  12. Yakuza Rich

12,391 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    How many DT's do you want on the team?

Ratliff was playing at a high level. His grades in PFF show that. You had Brent backing him up. Most 3-4 teams don't carry 3 NT's because they are worthless on special teams.

And if you draft a NT, then you have to worry about not addressing other needs like ILB which was badly overdue.

I think that's part of the reason why the team wants to go to a 4-3. They don't have to rely on Ratliff being healthy and Brent coming back. You have Hatcher and Lissemore and potentially Crawfod all can play the 3-gap. The 1-gap can be more of a player along those lines now given the lack of running in today's game. That's what the Lions did with Suh and Fairley. And there's a higher price to be paid on a 3-4 pass rushing OLB these days than a 4-3 DT like a Fairley.

YR