1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Frampton says it was right place, right time for fumble recovery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,192 Messages
    7,010 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Eric Frampton made a big recovery when Lance Dunbar fumbled a kickoff return in the third quarter.

It was a matter of right place, right time for the veteran special teams player – but not necessarily because he did everything by the book, he said.

“If you talk to a coach, it’s probably not a recommended position to be in,” Frampton said. “You know, if there’s a guy running free, you turn and get the next guy. For some reason, I just overcame coaching there and I was trailing right behind Dunbar, saw the ball come out, and just picked it up.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...e-for-fumble-recovery-but-not-recommende.html
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Frampton comes alive:lmao2:
  3. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Dunbar really showed his butt on that play!

:moon:
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,963 Messages
    7,701 Likes Received
    I was sure that gif was going to make the rounds and get somebody an infraction. Or that someone would photoshop Garrrett's face onto it, or something classy like that.

Re: the recovery, was I the only one yelling 'just fall on it!' at Frampton? Not knocking the guy, but, man, I guess I am kind of knocking the guy on that one.

Also, while I'm knocking the guy, have we noticed how much better our return coverage teams have gotten from early in the season? Churning the bottom of the roster can help you win in this league. With Harris in the return game, Bailey, and pulling Moorman out of nowhere, our STs are really starting to look pretty good. DeCamillis is a target in Dallas for whatever reason, but the guy deserves some credit this season for the turnaround on his team.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,192 Messages
    7,010 Likes Received
    Well, if you read the article, Frampton said he basically did everything wrong from a coaching standpoint. lol

So you're not wrong for knocking him. He admittedly said he got lucky.
  6. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Kind of cheeky:laugh1:
  7. Idgit

31,963 Messages
    7,701 Likes Received
    For a STer, I really like him. He's in the right place a lot. And I'd rather have lucky than good. :)
  8. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,047 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Wasn't that Frampton that almost got unmasked. I thought it was after the fumble.
  9. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,384 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    He sure is, he's been a nice pickup!
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Maybe it was Frampton..... I didn't recognize him from that end! :laugh2:

:moon:
  11. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    :bow:

The play was on C'mon Man last night.... :laugh2:
  12. Idgit

31,963 Messages
    7,701 Likes Received
    Ew...I hate that segment. I haven't seen it in forever, and I can still hear it. Yuck.
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I rarely ever watch ESPN's coverage but I did last night. Ditka is about the only one I can listen to.
  14. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,214 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Frampton was a good find!He's the best special teams player the Cowboys have had since the glory days.He's what Sam Hurd was made out to be...he actually makes the tackles, Hurd never did.

He's been solid in the secondary.Cowboys secondary tackling has been much better than last season.Scandrick against the Falcons aside.
  15. dallasdave

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Well said:D