1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Galloway: Thank you, Wade Phillips. Seriously.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,051 Likes Received
    By Randy Galloway
    rgalloway@ star-telegram.com

[IMG]

Leftover memo to myself from last week:

"Thank Wade."

But getting around to it today is actually better timing than a week ago because we've now had the hindsight advantage of seeing Drew Brees slice and dice the Giants of New York on Monday night.

So what does that have to do with giving a thank-you shout out to the dearly departed former head coach of the Cowboys?

Hold on. I'm getting there.

2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    What a crappy article.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,266 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    I can see why the bar tab was jerked. A fan who roots bad play, makes for a sarcastic drunk.:cool:
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I don't see any reason to pile on Wade. Hell his predicatable defense is playing great ball in Houston even after their top defensive player Mario Williams went down for the season.
  5. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,034 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    At this point this stuff does not bother me, but for some reason, the Dallas media cannot HELP themselves. The dump on this team win the lose. They dump on this team when they win. The same Saints team (which is very good by the way) also lost to the Rams this year...a team we crushed. And we pretty much faced this SAME Saints team 2 years ago in their backyard...and crushed them. The Giants have the misfortune of a touch schedule? Was he saying that as they were losing at home to the Seahawks? A team we beat in Dallas. Or maybe he has sympathy for them going on the road and losing in Frisco. Again, a team we beat in Frisco. Or perhaps he feels like the schedule Gods were unkind to the Giants when they lost in DC. Again, a team we SWEPT.

It's the same tired button the Dallas media wants to push when the Cowboys look like they might have a succesful season: start downgrading their accomplishments!
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,115 Messages
    3,139 Likes Received
    Which is all this article is, mixed in with a little self righteous sanctimony.
  7. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    That whole strength of schedule is kinda wacky. I remember a couple of years ago where everyone before the season was saying that Dallas had a tough schedule and then the top teams from last year had down years.

At what point in the season they play them too is crucial. Detroit, Chicago, SF and Houston. They were on a roll early on, now Detroit, Chicago and Houston have had key losses to personnel and are more vulnerable now.
  8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,280 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    I think I read the whole thing. Cant tell, my head starting spinning.

Did he ever mention why he is thanking Wade?

Sheesh!
  9. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,196 Messages
    947 Likes Received
    Well, this may be the most stupid article I've ever read. The schedule is helping us, even though we lost the only scheduling-related game we've played. Huh?
  10. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Typical Galloway... basically, what he is is a shock jock masquerading as a newspaper reporter... he sees his job not as providing insight, he thinks his job is provoking a reaction, preferably a negative one...

Seldom if ever has the word "twit" been more applicable to a man...
  11. hmcorp

hmcorp Member

701 Messages
    12 Likes Received

he thanked him for sucking so bad that they got an easier schedule this year.
  12. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    I don't know why I read it. I agree with everything you said in describing him and have known this for a long time. It is why I don't usually read his articles or listen to him talk. I don't know why I changed my mind today and decided to read this article. Bad move on my part and it only reinforces what I think of Galloway.
  13. joseephuss

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    You left out that the Giants struggled to beat the Dolphins at home just like Dallas.
  14. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,034 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    And the Bills for that matter! But you know, the schedule has been extra 'kind' to Dallas. Let me think back, we did beat the Bills right? Their game against the Pats came down to the last drive like ours with the Pats...they made a play we did not..they won we lost. But again, they have barley beaten and/or lost to teams we have beaten and/or destroyed. You play who is on the schedule. I ain't making no apologies for winning games. Not to mention, they have had the 'fortune' of having their starting QB not miss games in forever. Not to mention those "road" games against the Jets!
  15. Keystone_Heavy

Keystone_Heavy Member

275 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Its Randy Galloway, what do you people expect? Haven' you guys ever listend to GaC?
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,941 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    Man this guy is a freaking hack. This is just another reason I can't listen to GAC. This guy continues to prove he's nothing more than a complete moron.