1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Garrett: Witten is headed toward being a Hall of Famer

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 10, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,127 Messages
    6,909 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Witten, who is two catches from overtaking Ozzie Newsome on the all-time career receptions list for tight ends, earned a comparison to the Hall of Famer.

“Ozzie Newsome clearly was one of the great players to play in this league, certainly one of the elite tight ends, a Hall of Famer,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. “To put that in context is simply, Wit is playing himself into that category. Anytime you’re talking about a seven-time Pro Bowler who catches about 80, 85, 90 balls a year, you’re talking about one of the best guys to play. As productive as he’s been, as talented as he is, what separates him is his approach to the game. He loves it. He’s competitive. His attention to detail, his desire to be great individually is really unsurpassed. He’s a great guy to have on our football team. He’s a great example for me as a coach, for our coaching staff, to use to our other players. When you have leaders like that who are so productive and so good, it’s easy to say, ‘Watch what Witten does.’ That helps you as a coach. He’s certainly been a great teammate and a great part of this organization for a long time.”

Read more: http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/#ixzz1dLV2hBQY
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm proud Witten is a Dallas Cowboy... However I really wish they'd target him in the red zone more.
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll buy that.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Love to see him have 5 more productive years. When his career is over we'll be rueing, that is for sure.