1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Hatcher's good start evident in new Cowboys defense

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 23, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,937 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    Hatcher's good start evident in new Cowboys defense
    cmendez@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- Everybody figured the Dallas Cowboys' new defensive scheme would produce sacks.

And it has -- 10 so far, most in the NFL, including two last week by defensive end Jason Hatcher.

Who figured that?

"It felt good, man," Hatcher said, after recording the two sacks and hitting the quarterback three times in the 27-24 overtime victory against San Francisco. "The first time in my career I had two sacks in one game. I hope they keep coming."

So do the Cowboys. Hatcher's emergence is a testament to the pass rush being produced under first-year defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

"Hatcher has been looking great," Ryan said last week after making the sixth-year pro the starter at right defensive end over Marcus Spears. "We're fortunate enough to have some big-time ballplayers. But I mean, Hatcher is a starter, and I think he'd be starting on any team in the league."

Hatcher had four tackles, one for loss and a quarterback pressure against the Jets. He's had decent seasons for the Cowboys -- 36 tackles in 2008 and 27 quarterback pressures in '09....

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/21/3386779/hatchers-good-start-evident-in.html#ixzz1Ykc0MajT