1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST JFE: It's always something with guys like the Cowboys' Dez Bryant

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 1, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,067 Likes Received
    Posted Wednesday, Mar. 30, 2011

By Jennifer Floyd Engel

jenfloyd@star-telegram.com

Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant has $800,000 worth of bling, and that is just the unpaid stuff.

Talk about spending your money wisely.

Is anybody better prepared financially for a long lockout or life post-football than this guy? And his financial silliness just adds a litigious layer to his already bumpy first 365 as a Cowboy, with sagging and dog cussing and general *******ery.

Who possibly could have seen this whole Bryant-lockout imbroglio coming, right?

Oh right, lots of NFL teams did. It is why he was available for Dallas at No. 24, because a lot of teams did their due diligence and were scared by his rep as an "always something" guy. A few totally took him off of their boards, as in Do. Not. Draft.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/03/30/2962838/always-something-with-guys-like.html#ixzz1IHFE9dy2
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy needs to grow up, bottom line... Spending money you simply do not have isn't EXACTLY wise nor is walking around looking like an inmate.
  3. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,964 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    Jen is right on Can't believe I agreed with her again, but she has been right on with alot of her articles latley
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    I agree that her hits are now outnumbering her misses. Wonder what has happened?

She is dead on about Dez. BP talked some about LT not too long ago after LT got arrested. It was short and too the point:
    "Some people will not learn."

It is up to Dez to NOT be one of those people.
  5. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,117 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Those words will come back to haunt her for the next 10 years.
  6. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, just like it's always something with you, you corpulent shakshuuko. I'd love to see you write a Bob Sturm article. You wouldn't be able to write a cogent paragraph. That's why they have you writing about what goes on outside the lines because you're too stupid either because you're a woman (doubtful: I've met women whose football IQ exceeds your girth) or because you're just a dimwitted yenta, which transcends gender. Bashokh aleek.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,867 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Maybe. Maybe not. NO one can say for sure now.
  8. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,841 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I think I was just shocked to read one of her articles related to the 'boys that did not take a shot at Wade. Hopefully she's cured of that.
  9. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,487 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Almost a strange article...she attacked Dez with the "...should never have drafted that idiot." She has a right to her opinion.

But then the entire article shifted with comparing him to those who have actually broken the law, and her advice channelled through Bill Parcells seemed genuine.

My bottom line is this: It was always something with Michael Irvin for many years as well...always something, but his work on the practice field and on Sunday's overshadowed his "always something." Dez isn't there yet; he needs to take care of his playbook, practice, and game business first.

Talent, without the attention to detail and the dedication on the practice field, will not overshadow his "always something."
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    I will.
  11. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Hopefully, we all are!