1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Kitna a faithful leader for the Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,362 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Kitna a faithful leader for the Cowboys
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- The storyline is set up perfectly.

A player gets a chance for a little payback and redemption against a former team that cast him aside.

It certainly would be one of the motivating factors for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Jon Kitna heading into Sunday's matchup against the Detroit Lions -- if only he had a bottom-shelf mentality.

A born-again ******ian and natural-born leader, Kitna's focus is solely on helping win games and continue to turn around what has been a disastrous season for the Cowboys (2-7). And he wants to help save souls.

Not necessarily in that order.

He got his first win with Dallas last Sunday against the New York Giants in his third start after replacing injured Tony Romo.

He's been an off-the-field leader since coming to the team a year ago to serve as the backup quarterback after 21/2 years in Detroit...

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/1...aithful-leader-for-cowboys.html#ixzz15d1N6yUP
  2. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    He got the job done against the Giants. Hopefully he doesn't press things trying to hard to make plays against his former team. This team can ill afford a let down.
  3. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,380 Messages
    253 Likes Received

That's the funniest word filter I have ever seen.
  4. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I recall in preseason thinking Kitna is a very good QB actually - he's been around and knows how to manage games as a QB, aside from having the ability to throw any pass in the league quite well. When push comes to shove in a real game, I admit to wishing he was more mobile - he probably wishes that more than I do! But he's been steady and each week he takes the field he looks more comfortable and finding his old rythym. I think he can actually win a few more games for us as long as he's given decent blocking up front. Glad to have him here, and always have been. Hope he can manage another year or two until the reins are passed.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,604 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Kitna's arm is still pretty strong. Not like Brad Johnson's from two years ago.

But the guy's 38 ... one bad hit, and sayonara.

The key to winning games from here on in is on the OL.