News: FWST: McBriar's tackle of Banks might have been game's biggest play

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,590 Messages
    14,057 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Punter Mat McBriar had a rough day. He had a 23-yard punt that set up a 32-yard Redskins touchdown drive, and he finished with a 24.1 net.

But McBriar also arguably -- he argues otherwise -- had the biggest play of the game. He tackled punt returner Brandon Banks to save a touchdown.

"Big play, wasn’t it?" Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "It really was. And if you think about where he’s been the last few weeks with his injury. Talk about a gut check. To get yourself right to make that play, those are significant plays. You talk about the plays that show up on SportsCenter. Sometimes the tackle by a punter doesn’t really show up there, but it was a significant play in the ball game."

Read more from McBriar: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...banks-might-have-been-games-biggest-play.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huge play indeed! Total team effort...
  3. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,607 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    I thought Carter's tackle was going to be huge as well... But I think the Skins scored anyway.
    _
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg That gum you like.

10,302 Messages
    1,866 Likes Received
    Haha.

5. fjones

fjones Member

196 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    I think that Carter would have got him. He was just off to the left of Mcbriar and looked to have the angle.
  6. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

3,335 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    Good call brew