1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: McBriar's tackle of Banks might have been game's biggest play

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,388 Messages
    4,347 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Punter Mat McBriar had a rough day. He had a 23-yard punt that set up a 32-yard Redskins touchdown drive, and he finished with a 24.1 net.

But McBriar also arguably -- he argues otherwise -- had the biggest play of the game. He tackled punt returner Brandon Banks to save a touchdown.

"Big play, wasn’t it?" Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "It really was. And if you think about where he’s been the last few weeks with his injury. Talk about a gut check. To get yourself right to make that play, those are significant plays. You talk about the plays that show up on SportsCenter. Sometimes the tackle by a punter doesn’t really show up there, but it was a significant play in the ball game."

Read more from McBriar: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...banks-might-have-been-games-biggest-play.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huge play indeed! Total team effort...
  3. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,355 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I thought Carter's tackle was going to be huge as well... But I think the Skins scored anyway.
    _
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,854 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Haha.

5. fjones

fjones Member

182 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think that Carter would have got him. He was just off to the left of Mcbriar and looked to have the angle.
  6. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,782 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Good call brew