1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: McCray says it's just 'one block here or one person there' holding back Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Danny McCray said he is surprised how little the return game has produced for the Cowboys.

“For as hard as we work? Yeah,” the Cowboys safety said Monday at Valley Ranch as the Cowboys got in a bonus practice day. “It’s by far one of the hardest positions, or hardest phases, of the game.

“I mean, we’ve just got to keep working at it and get it there,” he said. “It’s always, if you ever look at the film, it’s just one block here or one person there. It’s not really just the whole team messing up. ... If one person doesn’t get their block, then it just looks bad.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...ng-back-cowboys-on-returns.html#storylink=cpy
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    One block here, one person there. In the NFL, that's the difference between being good and being bad.
  3. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Whats new? That is the Dallas Cowboy, it is always something, never solid fundamental football.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Problem is you have one missed block on the right side of the line and one person holding on the left side of the line just about every other down.
  5. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    spot on.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,741 Messages
    2,417 Likes Received
    In every NFL team there is film session. In that session the coaches point out every missed block or tackle. Ask yourself why. It is done in front of the entire team. Everyone sees what you missed. It isn't just Dallas. Not by your wildest, drunkenest, silliest thinking is it just Dallas. Every single, solitary team has these film sessions. The 5-0 teams all the way down to the 0-5 team.
  7. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    True, but some do it more than others, and this team has consistently made mistake after mistake to cost ball games. It is old. I Literally sit there after a good play and dont even get excited because I know what is coming, and the Cowboys just keep proving me right. The excuses are old. It is always something, or somebody, and we continue to be a undisciplined football team. I JUST WANT SOLID FUNDEMENTAL FOOTBALL, this team has proven for a while now that is not going to happen. As soon as one unit corrects something, another becomes the problem, we fix this, that breaks, IT IS OLD and has been going on for way to long and everyone is to blame from the top to the bottom.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,393 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    :lmao: He's kidding right? We have been hearing non sense like this for how long now?
  9. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,588 Messages
    797 Likes Received
    Yeah, but this will not fit agendas. :rolleyes:
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,459 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    yeah, but it will not fit agendas:rolleyes:

;)
  11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,492 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Pretty much. That's all it takes. Cowboys need to start getting that one block here and one person there. Its the difference in a win and a loss.
  12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,492 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    There's no excuses. I commend them for knowing the problem and not being delusional. I haven't seen anyone make excuses. They haven't made excuses for their play in about 3 years.