1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Michael Jordan to Dez Bryant: Stay out of Trouble

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 29, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill

NBA legend Michael Jordan had four words for Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant when he met him for the first time in February at the NBA all-star game in Houston: stay out of trouble.

"Whenever you represent a guy like Michael Jordan you got to be right," Bryant said. "I don't know one guy who doesn't admire him. It's very rare to be a part of that group (a Jordan Brand athlete endorser). Just to be blessed to be part of that group means a lot to me. Before I was even signed to the brand all I rocked were Jordans. I'm blessed to be part of that. I'm going to stay focused and do my job and hold myself accountable with my actions."

"The only thing he told me was "stay out of trouble", Bryant said. "Hearing it from him, he is a strong voice. His opinion matters. It just adds fuel to trying to do things great at all times, that’s something you don’t want to mess up. Now, I do pay attention to that, just because of the fact of who he is and what he is about. Everybody knows Michael Jordan is about his business, so that makes you want to be about yours.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...receiver-dez-bryant-stay-out-of-trouble-.html
  2. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,257 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Funny, coming from a gambling addict.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    Gambling may be his vice, along with golf, women, and cigars, but I've never heard of Jordan getting investigated by the police for anything...criminal or otherwise.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,233 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    I am a North Carolina Tar Heel Basketball fan since I was a boy and you are right, you never hear anything like that with regards to Jordan, but I have to say, there was speculation that Jordan retired from the NBA (the first time) because he was going to be suspended by the commissioner for gambling. I mean, had he not retired, I think it's pretty clear that something would have had to have been done so I understand those who may have an issue with Jordan. However, I do think that you are correct in that Jordan, other then the gambling issues which he has always covered and never had money problems over, Jordan has never been in trouble with the law.

If Jordan tells Dez to stay out of trouble and Dez listens (like almost every other player in America would in any other sport) then what's the beef with what Jordan said? Cowboy fans should be thinking him for it IMO.
  5. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,365 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Misery has no company here. Jordan is doing the right thing by Dez. I applaud his efforts.
  6. Sportsbabe

4,365 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    There is nothing but goodness in what Jordan attempted to do with Dez. Jordan can do what he will with his personal life. His only agreement with us was basketball entertainment. And he was great at it. I agree with you.
  7. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,202 Messages
    748 Likes Received
    It is coming from the man who signed him to an endorsement contract.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,128 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Why would anybody listen to the greatest athlete of all time?
  9. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I have no problem with jordan, his actions, or what he said to dez but the bolded statement isn't really true. The world idolizes athletes, most kids grow up knowing that they looked up to these guys when they were kids and know that future kids will do the same; so as a top athlete you become a role model whether you wanted it or not, it comes with the territory.
  10. Sportsbabe

4,365 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    There idolization starts with what the athlete does between the lines. It sounds like a broken record but I'll say it again, their moral foundation should be built and nurtured in the home and community. Besides, how does what these athletes do in there personal life affect you or these kids? If it does, then somebody is not doing their job at home and they have bigger problems than idolatry.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,960 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    Exactly...
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,414 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    So I might be wishing for to much, but I really hope Jordan makes a pair of Dez Bryant Jordans!

He has Jordans for several players. He has some for Chris Paul, Randy Moss and T.O. I'd love to get a pair.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,412 Messages
    815 Likes Received
    He's not even the best athlete in his sport.