1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Monte Kiffin doesn't have Sapp, Lynch or Brooks, but he does have DeMarcus Ware

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,637 Likes Received
    The new Cowboys' coaches do believe they have a core group of players to make a quick, successful transition from the 3-4 to the 4-3.

DeMarcus Ware, Bruce Carter, Sean Lee, Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne are good building blocks.

Ware is the one player on the Cowboys defense who is headed toward Canton. He has 111 sacks in his eight seasons.

"He’s already proven it. He’s already done it," Kiffin said of Ware. "He just did it from a standup position, that type of thing. But I think he’s a special player."

"I think it’ll aid him a little bit, because your takeoff is better," Marinelli said. "Your keys are a little more consistent with what you’re doing. That’s my opinion. He’s an elite rusher right now. I just think the more opportunity he has, doing the same things every day, every week, the repetition, which allows you to become even faster. The sky is the limit for him, I believe."

2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Ware is always going to be the key to what our defense does....
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,814 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Thank god for Jerry Jones in reining in Bill Parcells who wanted Marcus Spears.
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I will always credit Jerry Jones for that move!