1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Opposing quarterbacks feeling pressure, not Ware and Spencer (Notes)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    By Charean Williams

cjwilliams@ star-telegram.com

IRVING -- It took DeMarcus Ware five games before he got his first sack last season. The Dallas Cowboys' All-Pro linebacker didn't wait as long this season, sacking Donovan McNabb in the season opener.

But after two games, Ware has only one sack.

"Number-wise, it's not up to par how it should be," Ware said. "You look at pressure-wise, I'm getting there. I'm getting pressure on the guy. Those things I have to be aware of, getting more sacks in the game, getting more pressure in the game, but also making those big plays, because we haven't been having them in the recent weeks."

The Cowboys were seventh in the NFL last season with 42 sacks, but they had only one in the first two games last season.

Defending the kicker

Without even being prompted, Cowboys coach Wade Phillips defended his placekicker. David Buehler has missed two of his four field-goal attempts this season, and he missed four in practice Wednesday before the media's access period ended.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/09/23/2491725/opposing-quarterbacks-feeling.html#ixzz10SIo44sQ
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    DeMarcus you are misinformed. There are plenty people in the Zone who feel you are doing more than enough.

Anyway, I am glad he KNOWS he HAS to do MORE! Not just him either. When you are 0-2....EVERYONE has to do more!
  3. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,529 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I'm more concern with the lack of turnovers than I am about the sacks, as Spencer said the sacks will come.
  4. Number82

Number82 No Helmet; No Problem

593 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I love how the media writes things like this. I'm all for a real kicker, but they just as easily could have written "David Buehler has made two of his four field-goal attempts this season." Had to put it negatively. I think even "David Buehler is only 50% on field-goal attempts this season," would have been better.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    D-Ware and Spencer must dominate...
  6. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't say that too loud - questioning Ware/Spencer is a sure way to get flamed
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man I've been public enemy #1 on this board for a while... I've been banned for a day.