1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Romo says he missed on first pick, miscommunication the problem on second

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 24, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,035 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Quarterback Tony Romo said he was off by a yard on his first interception in Thursday’s game against the Dolphins, the ball intended for tight end Martellus Bennett on the sideline.

“I just missed to Martellus by about a yard,” Romo said. “If I just throw it more upfield, with a little more arm, the guy’s underneath it. I just missed. That was disappointing.”

He said the second interception, headed for Laurent Robinson, was a miscommunication. “We’ll get that right,” he said.

Romo said the Dolphins made it tough to throw.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...k-miscommunication-the-problem-on-second.html
  2. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,804 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    I bet we could chalk up about half of Romo's interceptions this year as "miscommunications."
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    His scrambling plays in the face of that pass rush were heart stoppers.
  4. kidcrook

kidcrook Member

819 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The guy is an absolute beast. I swear he looked like LeSean McCoy on one of those throws on the last drive.

I'm glad he was able to shake off that 1st quarter. After the defense finally got a stop to set up the last drive, I had no doubts he would lead us to some points to win the game.

These tough games are helping the team build resolve for the stretch run. I think they're beneficial. Hopefully, this 10 day rest will bring us a healthy Jenkins and Sensabaugh. That will do wonders for the defense. Austin and Fiammetta will boost the offense.

We will peak at the right time. Can't wait.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Seriously. I don't always pay attention, but I can't imagine a qb getting let down by his receivers more often than Romo.
  6. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You should have watched the 49ers tonight.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,814 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    That doesn't consistently happen I don't think.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,946 Messages
    4,802 Likes Received
    He was a witch on that TD drive. Some ill-advised throws in there, but it paid off when we needed it most. He's a hell of a QB.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I knew the 2nd INT was on Robinson... However the first pick could have been a TD if he lead Bennett up field more.
  10. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,528 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I'm not excited to see Romo throw downfield to Bennett. Bad things man...

Safe plays in small doses with Marty. That is all I can stomach.
  11. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Active Member

1,901 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Looked to me like Robinson deserved more of the blame on that second pick. Failed to adjust to the throw (which was, admittedly, perhaps slightly underthrown) and allowed the defender to undercut him when it looked like he had position.
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,964 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    i beat Bryant makes that play
  13. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Active Member

1,901 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Bet he does. But Bryant can't be the standard by which all pass catchers (including the backup TE) are measured. His ability to go get any ball thrown within a reasonable radius is super-elite. In the circumstances, Romo has to be blamed for the pick, even allowing that Bryant might well have made the catch.
  14. hmcorp

hmcorp Member

685 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    bryant wouldnt have man to man overage on that play. no safety on bennett is why we even ran that play.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I know...
  16. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,270 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Robinson admitted full blame, he was suppose to stop but thought he was suppose to run deep.
  17. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    If he never throws to Martellus again I would be ok.

Seriously!
  18. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,534 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I know... I said "of course! bennett was involved in that one...." then a few words I cannot repeat here
    :D
  19. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,814 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I really want to see how good Romo and Robinson can be after their next offseason. He just reminds me of what Crayton used to be for us, but faster.
  20. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,840 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Me too. I'd imagine an offseason together will make them just that much better. I sure hope we can hold onto him.