1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Ryan ready to add Newman, says Jenkins has been 'playing outstanding defense,'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 26, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,906 Likes Received
    Ryan ready to add Terence Newman, 'another really good player,' to defense

-- Carlos Mendez
    Twitter @calexmendez

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is eager to see Terence Newman play against the Washington Redskins.

“He’s such a consummate pro, such a talented guy. It’s outstanding to get him back,” Ryan said. “He’s looked really good this week. I think he’s full strength. ... Adding another really good player to our defense is going to be great.”

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...an-another-really-good-player-to-defense.html

Despite injury, Jenkins has been 'playing outstanding defense,' Ryan says

-- Carlos Mendez
    Twitter @calexmendez

For being slowed much of training camp with a shoulder stinger, cornerback Mike Jenkins has been a strong player in the Cowboys’ first two games, defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said.

“The kid’s been playing great,” Ryan said. “He gives us everything we’ve asked for and more. He’s tackled well. Really well. That tackle he had on Burris was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time. He competes. He mis-timed the jump on the throw in the end zone, but other than that, he’s been playing outstanding defense for us.”

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...en-playing-outstanding-defense-ryan-says.html
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,725 Likes Received
    I have been looking forward to this as well. What ever people may say about Newman he is still a good CB and should be able to be a big help to this defense.
  3. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Yea I like Newman and he has been a great Dallas Cowboy IMO. It was the coaching staffs decision to not play him until he's 100% not Newmans.
  4. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,424 Messages
    1,113 Likes Received
    Newman has speed. You can't teach speed. But he's no good if he can't use his speed in coverage.
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,574 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    I agree. That throw to the corner of the endzone was a thing of beauty from Smith. It had to be to even have a chance because of good coverage from Jenkins. People need to remember that our defense is going to get better as Ryan familiarizes with them and they to his system.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,725 Likes Received
    I agree and like the Smith pass in the 9ers game sometimes you just tip your hat to the other team. There are some plays when executed perfectly that your not going to be able to defend