1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Tyrone Crawford playing more defensive end, which is where he sees himself

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 13, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Tyrone Crawford said he sees himself as a defensive end, which is where the Cowboys have tried playing him during the OTAs and mini-camp.

“Yeah, I loved it in college. I loved playing on the outside in college,” he said Wednesday after a mini-camp practice. “And then being able to go inside and play tackle a little bit. I’m happy we got into this year and are doing it.”

Crawford said he has trimmed down to 285 pounds, the target weight the Cowboys wanted him to aim for this year.

It’s where he played in college at Boise State, and where he feels good.

“Yeah, I loved it in college. I loved playing on the outside in college,” he said Wednesday after a mini-camp practice. “And then being able to go inside and play tackle a little bit. I’m happy we got into this year and are doing it.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...nsive-end-which-is-where-he-sees-himself.html
  2. NorthTexan95

NorthTexan95 Well-Known Member

1,247 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    We were told earlier in the spring that Crawford was up to 305. Now with Kiffin here he down to 285. Definately sounds like a DE and the replacement for Spencer when he leaves after this season.
  3. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,421 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    This article sure leaves me with that impression.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    So he bulked up and slimmed down? Sounds like a LDE alright.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,783 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    I wonder if this reporter misunderstood because Broaddus is where the 305 number comes from and it's recent and he even pointed to Crawford on mini camp live about how much bigger/stronger he is at around 305. He was 285 last season
  6. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,905 Messages
    1,010 Likes Received
    It was reported in today's DMN Cowboys update column as well that he is at 285.
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,783 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,865 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    This certainly changes things at DE and you could be right on the money.