1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Ware said his "put up or shut up" comment was directed at the whole team

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 21, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,706 Messages
    6,471 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Ware said Sunday night his comments were not directed solely toward Romo when Ware used the words "put up or shut up" during an interview with SiriusXM radio after Romo signed a six-year, $108 million extension.

"That’s everybody," Ware said Sunday at the team's Ultimate Tailgate Party. "If you get out there, like I said, it’s put up or shut up. Produce or don’t get on the field. That’s the bottom line."

"I talked to Romo about that," Ware said. "It doesn’t come off as what it was [portrayed] as. It’s all about I tell them when it’s time to play: You know what? Put everything else behind you and put your best foot forward. He’s that guy for us, and he’s going to be that guy for us."

2. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,459 Messages
    2,277 Likes Received
    What a cancer. We should cut him.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,202 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    Another one for the "no kidding?" file.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,167 Messages
    2,235 Likes Received
    It seemed clear to me that he meant the team. But those with an an genda will hear what that want to hear.
  5. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

635 Messages
    76 Likes Received

:bow:
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I'm ready for Thursday.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,519 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Between the perpetual non-contention and the pathetic media coverage it's hard to figure out what's entertaining about Cowboys football anymore,,, I guess drama and heartbreak is addictive.
  8. Idgit

31,202 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    We've pretty much been contending since Tony Romo's been elevated to the starting roster, so that's probably not it. And the media coverage has been pathetic for a long time.

I can't speak for you, but I think just about everything about the Dallas Cowboys is entertaining. The draft's still four days away, and I can hardly stand the wait. And I'll be just as jazzed when I drive my kids down to Oxnard to watch them practice in the summer heat again. Let's not even get started about the season opener against the Giants. Can't even imagine any fan not being pumped for that.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,039 Messages
    3,513 Likes Received
    Not sure what is worse how the media spins or the Fans.
  10. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,650 Messages
    572 Likes Received
    How I wish Ware would be vocal guy on the field.
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,275 Messages
    1,528 Likes Received
    It was totally clear he meant the team. He specifically said that it goes for everybody. The media, as usual, took it as a shot at Romo.
  12. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,519 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

your assessment of the "Cowboys in it every year because of Romo" sounds a lot like Jerry's but nothing like mine or any other non-medicated fan. I will grant you that my appraisal of the Cowboy's entertainment value isn't quite right, there is always hope and I enjoy the draft too...
  13. Idgit

31,202 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    S'all good. I know I'm an eternal optimist, but it adds a lot to my enjoyment of the games.

Just in case, though, I'm pretty excited because my draft-day costume just arrived, so I'm all ready to go.

[IMG]

I know I can always come here and get my dose of a little black rain cloud if I start enjoying anything too much.
  14. QT

QT Active Member

1,901 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    This happened last year after visiting the marines... Same stuff... Same underachieving team.
  15. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,708 Messages
    1,798 Likes Received
    It wasn't the marines, it was the Navy Seals.

:rolleyes:
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    470 Likes Received