1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: GAC: Mort on Cowboys, and Werder & Goose

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Oct 21, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  2. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    any recaps for those at work joe?? And as always thanks....
  3. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    havent listened to them yet buddy, been posting, will try to later
  4. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Mort:Not sure anymore, but jets opener was more difficult of challenge for cowboys. Defensively they played well in pats game, on issue of drew brees transcript, he threw 3 int, and said you cant think about it, you cant think about play call because when you do, your beaten and connects with dots now that going on in dallas. I am not saying its ok, but its a discussion and get peter king in on this:

Mort:Galloway said you cant quit on romo, you have to let romo be romo. back to Mort: i do like consistency, i think their is greatness in romo, phill sims told me this, you cant connect greatness for average.

Mort; wouldnt say their not and giants are fortunate to be where they are, and i think eagles will be factor and way cowboys played on the road, so dont know what team is best in nfc.

talking raiders qb now, i think carson has something left and its who he was playing with.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    werder:(i dont care for him personally to me he tries to stir things up). Galloway i think jason garrett is a very good head coach, but has qb problem. Werder: what do you want jason to surrender job wise. I think their not a very good running team, sacrificed size and experience for young line. They did change their approach and im not sure it was wrong. I think way jason called last series of downs and unburdened romo, it preserved romo physological status because if he had thrown an interception at the end, thats how you ruin romo. I think based on way game was being played anbd rob ryan success agasint brady i trust that scenario way was played out.

werder:i think put in position of impossible choices, at end of game, i think jason garrett made right decison at end of game in play calling. Ithink worst scenario let romo throws a ball that bounces off somebody and gets returned for a big int td or dez doesnt run right route.

werder: his comments today are surprising me,

werder:you want jason to throw here or give brady the ball back randy galloway.

randy: i saw nothing wrong in playcalling in detroit, and has a qb problem.

werder:people forget jason has only coached 14 games as head coach, and has little experience as head coach. I dont get you think randy they played called rigtht against lions but not against pats, i dont get that.

werder;do i think in redzone where its hard to throw at that field, but they didnt do that the other day with bennett and choice.

werder:i think cowboys cant run ball when they want to with defenses that have big defenses, when you kick at 8 and 4 your not going to win. I dont think jason lacks faith in romo, but they cant knock the people off the ball at line of scrimmage.

werder:depends on opponent and be very aggressive against teams that are very good, but where romo was reckless in some other games.

werder:i think jason will trust romo for the most part, but was right play jason called at end of game.
  6. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Goose:I dont think they can trade choice at this point, but i would trade choice and bennett. He is leaving at the end of the yr, bennett i think. Anything i could get. I would like to have looked at tanner, but keep choice because of jones.

Goose:i think its more than slight lack of trust, because romo set up opposing team at end of field and games and think romo has to win back that trust. coming out of a game, this team can play with best team in football and 10-6 will win this division and you have to sweet either eagles or giants. But i felt this way about cowboys can do that way they played sunday against pats. weak spot is OL, i could accelerate development of arkin and give yourself a future, and i love costa and smith.

Goose:i think arkin was hit with decent camp where he came for small school, where nagy played big time. but its up to coaching to bring that talent out and very short sided for cowboys organization.

goose:again dont think you can get alot for choice, but value at back end of draft, so get the picks, and see what tanner has, so whats use of keeping choice on roster or bennett.

goose:i didnt have a problem with it, garrett was critized because he didnt run the ball in 2 losses, and he runs it and gets critized, but problem was brady, you gave him 2 minutes. So, if either garrett runs or passes he cant win.

goose; talking palmer with raiders, would never give up 2 number ones for any player, like the walker deal.
  7. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Thanks Joe... youre always hookin it up. Much appreciated.