1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Galaxy Note 2

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Bleu Star, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    This thing is SICK. It is hands down the most impressive out of the box experience ever. That said, I was curious as to how many of you exclusively peruse CZ on your smartphones. I cannot tell you the last time I hit the website on my laptop or desktop.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,376 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    I'm interested in it. I've heard other than the processor (which I'll never use enough to matter) its just the same as the Galaxy III. I'd like to know which one to get.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,109 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    Check out my Samsung galaxy SIII thread and if you got the note please comment in that thread as others were asking about the Note II and SIII.
  4. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    The GS3s battery life pales in comparison to this one. Screen on time is the most accurate measurement of a smartphone battery's efficiency. Most smartphones average 4-6 hours of screen on time with heavy usage. I am only a week in and I am averaging 9-10 hours of screen on time with heavy usage (because I have not been able to put it down). Note 2 users are reporting incredible overall battery life numbers. I no longer worry about charging my phone. It is now an afterthought. Yesterday, totaled 19 hours of battery life on one charge and the screen shot showed 28% still remaining.

The touchwiz integration with the s-pen is also truly revolutionary. Page buddy is cool. It automatically comes up when you remove the s-pen. I can't really explain the coolness of the new s-pen integration but you can search YouTube for some info. Search "Note 2 page buddy". I am still discovering all of the options available on the phone. I upgraded to the Note 2 and gave my Note to my better half.

I am a long time XDAer that has enjoyed years of rooting and customizing android phones. This is the first one that impresses me so much right out of the box that I have had no desire to install a custom rom. I rooted it, installed twrp, and used tibu to reinstall all of my backed up apps that I had placed onto my external sd prior to the purchase . I now have a solid nandroid backup of my stock configuration because I know I will want to experience. But that is the first time I have ever made a nandroid of my stock configuration.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - "the next big thing" THAT'S ACCURATE.

If you want MORE, the MOST, All That your phone should be. This phone is it.

My answer to everyone is... Put one in your hands. Play with it. Then it's a wrap!

I would equate this phone to the Internet.

The "advent" of the Internet = all smartphones until now.

The "evolution" of the Internet = Samsung S3 and Galaxy Note 2
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    So, like I said, I had the Note since it debuted in February. As a point of reference, they managed to make this phone thinner but larger than the OG Note because it is taller. It feels great in my hands. As much as I loved my original note, the feel is much improved, the battery life is awe inspiring, and the s-pen software integration is wonderful.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    There's another great feature too... Multi Window. Watch the following video.

[youtubehd]k6c7XaDWmJg[/youtubehd]
  8. REDVOLUTION

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received

I wanted Note 1. But I am on verizon.

What could they do for note 3? no need for bigger, just make faster and more features. Maybe hologram technology lol
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    The really cool thing is about the Note 2 is that Samsung has managed to take a niche phone and make it mainstream. Where the original Note was limited in carrier acceptance and availability, the Note 2 was immediately embraced by all 4 major carriers.
  10. REDVOLUTION

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received

A mistake that apple has paid for and will continue to pay for.

The Note 2 was a phone that apple should have launched. I don't know how they let another manufacturer release it.

Apple had COMPLETE 1st mover advantage ... And they blew it!
  11. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    I love my Note II. Battery life rocks and the processor is blazing. I use my phone all the time and I never have to charge it during the day.
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I completely enjoy the fact that I no longer have to think about charging my phone during the day. Congrats on the choice!
  13. REDVOLUTION

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Sammy!
    Sammy!
    Sammy!

:laugh2:
  14. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Sammy is on fire. :D
  15. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,376 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    We wants one!
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    It's yours for the taking. :D
  17. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How is putting the Note 2 in your pocket etc? I have a 4s and the note 2 looked tempting to switch to android. I like the screen but fear it's a bit too big.
  18. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    The original Note fit into my front slack pockets with no issues. The Note 2 feels the same if not better. Whether in jeans or in work slacks, I always carry my personal phone in my front pocket. Hope that helps.
  19. REDVOLUTION

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received

That!
    Phone!
    Is on Fire!

[youtube]J91ti_MpdHA[/youtube]
  20. REDVOLUTION

24,732 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received

I wont lie. It is BIG in the pocket.

Baggy or loose pants could help. But if you wear on the snugger side. You will feel it when you walk and especially when you sit lol