1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Galloway: Why does Jerry hate Norv Turner?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    I don't think he can turn it around here either, but that's far from the bigger question.

The reason Jerry isn't interested in bringing him back is the reason why this team has been dead and buried a long time ago.
  2. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Galloway.

A mud-racking old school writer that always wanted to be like Blackie Sherrod.

In fact, stole Sherrod's writing style.

So he's not original by any stretch.
  3. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,378 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Thank you jerry,we will now see Garrett hoisted by his own petard for hiring linehan,its all on him now.
  4. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,326 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Some act like Jerrals ego doesn't demise this Franchise, but you know better, mediocrity or worse taught us all something about pride before the fall and the biggest continue falling the hardest for 18 years running.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,293 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Okay, but Turner has been rather mediocre since he left Dallas.
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    This is part of the article I don't understand. If Garrett is running things, and he never wanted Callahan calling plays, why is Callahan here? If you think you can demote a coach you didn't want calling plays and think there's going to be togetherness/cohesiveness in the coaching staff, you're nuts.
    DenCWBY likes this.
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,271 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    Jones' ego is so big that when he talks, it takes about 30 seconds for the echo to come back
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    1,160 Likes Received
    Yes, a hack that makes a half million a year writing articles. A featured sport writer that is nationally famous and had his own radio show. Yes, I get it. One of the most respected sport reporters in this market place and perhaps top ten in the nation. He doesn't know anything at all about what is happening at Valley Ranch.

And even though so many former players and coaches who have worked for Jerry, including Jerry himself indicates he makes the final decisions, I'll go with your position that Garrett has carte blanche and can make all his own decisions.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,293 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    Galloway was a grumpy blowhard when Dallas was winning Super Bowls. He has gotten more so with age.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,327 Messages
    2,732 Likes Received
    Two, Jerry remains the lone high-profile link to the Dynasty Days, and if Norv returned, and success for the Cowboys actually happened, Turner would be showered with credit. With Jerry, that would not be acceptable. Continual failure is more acceptable to Jerry.
    I don't believe that anything except family is more important to Jerry than winning another SB. And I'm not sure that includes all family members but I hope so. I doubt Garrett wants Norv here. Why would he? Norv would usurp Garrett's offensive scheme JMO.
  11. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,010 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    This is is why I would've preferred Norv over Wade as well. He would've likely had a positive effect on Romo's propensity to try to do win the game on his own. He also would've relied more on the running game/emphasizing the OL as a premium position (before Smith/Fred more recently). Norv would've had a lot of skill position players to work with in D (TO, Witten, early MBIII).
  12. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,497 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Not only do I belive it; as I read the article that thought was forming. Jerry wantss 'yes men' and someone that he can usurp credit from if they win. Jimmy telling him off in a different lifetime still leaves a bad taste in his mouth apparently.
    Risen Star likes this.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,836 Messages
    5,416 Likes Received
    Congrats. You don't know Jerry Jones.
    DenCWBY likes this.
  14. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,978 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    Better question..

Why do All of us hate Randy Galloway?

Oh let me count the ways..
  15. bodi

bodi Active Member

399 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    http://www.bayareaball.com/forums/n...en-by-norv-turner-on-his-offensive-philosophy

A few years old, from 2002. Not a whole lot of new information, but I like the fact that he explains things so clearly and so simply, even to a layman fan

After the game, (Fort Worth Star-Telegram columnist) Randy Galloway comes up to me and says, "Boy, I didn't think you'd ever open it up." I said, "Randy, if you only knew. The three plays we hit in the second half, we had chances in the first half." That's the way it goes with calling plays.

As told to Jason Cole
    NFL Insider
  16. bodi

bodi Active Member

399 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    as Garrett is of the Norv Turner coaching tree
  17. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Did Grumpy Galloway just called Stephen Jones the " pooper scooper " ???

Oh my... :D
    silver likes this.
  18. SlimBig

SlimBig New Member

28 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aww, Galloway is sad that he can't get one of his old drinking buddies back in Dallas.

Whenever he loses one of those, Norv, Don Nelson, Nolan Ryan, etc. expect the owners to get a scathing article.
  19. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

854 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    I would totally give Jerry credit if he made the hire that took Dallas back to relevance. Everyone would. I don't doubt for a second that has something to do with why Jones won't hire Turner, and as such I completely cannot understand the way the man's mind works. Why doesn't he just put on the headset, draw up the gameplan, and stand out there on the sidelines as head coach himself?