1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gamers: This is nearly 25 years late, but it may help

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by theogt, Sep 15, 2010.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,029 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,675 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    In unrelated news the new Duke nukem game is coming out next year, for real.
  3. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    is that final fantasy? i really don't know I'm guessing
  4. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,516 Messages
    141 Likes Received

[IMG]
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. theogt

44,029 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  7. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,675 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    It is, they just played it at that latest game covention. Only took 14 years to make.
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    There should be no winners for something that should be widely known and taught in school.
  10. theogt

44,029 Messages
    1,125 Likes Received
    I was surprised it took a few hours.
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Games are spoiled by the internet for kids these days.

I remember writing a bunch of stuff down when I was a kid and comparing notes w/ kids from school.

And there was always a kid who said there was something sexual at the end if you did it exactly right and we always wanted to believe him
  12. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,822 Messages
    71 Likes Received

Haha, what are you like 22 or 23?
  13. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received

Yes.

Speaking of games I got so much catching up to do.

Im behind on 2 Marios, 1 Zelda, 1 GTA, 3 Metroids, 1 Metal Gear Solid, and 1 GTA
  14. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,698 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Yay Zelda maps.

And the internet has totally spoiled gamers. Why die 30000 times trying to beat something when you can look up the strategy in 2 minutes online?

Kids and teenagers would cry like little girls these days trying to beat a game like Super Ghost and Goblins (Ghouls and ghosts, whichever). Games today just aren't hard anymore, certainly no where near NES/SNES hard.

Health Packs? Health Regeneration when you're inactive? Forget that, you get hit twice and die, start the level over, NO SAVE POINTS.

I haven't played either Mario Galaxy, but I really want to.

Zelda Twilight Princess was good.. but the series is really waning on me. The Zelda games hand feed you how to defeat every enemy and every boss, making it such an easy game. The only thing hard about Zelda games anymore are the maze like dungeons and puzzles at times. The Storylines are good, but I donno, I just wasn't anywhere near as happy with Twilight Princes as I was with Ocarina, or Link to the Past.

GTA4 was good all around GTA game. I Still want a modern version of Vice City. Instead of these stories of revenge I want to go from a zero to a king pin with my own mansion and crap =p

Super Metroid is high on my list of best game of all time. I couldn't get into the Metroid Prime series, after 4 hours into the first one I realized I spent 80% of my time just scanning things and reading so I could never get into them, maybe I'll pick it up again some day. I did just buy Metroid: Other M though. The storytelling in the game is far superior to any other Metroid game. Aside from that tho.. it's a pretty repetitive ridiculously easy game. Samus auto aims for you, you can dodge almost everything fairly easily.. I donno the game is just way too easy combat wise. Great story though they really start to flesh out Samus as a character.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game I've played since the Next Generation consoles came out. It is everything I love about the series done superbly. Everything about the game is amazing, I definitely suggest playing it.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,309 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    How about prior to games being on consoles. I remember flipping Super Mario Bros, Shinobi, Rastan, Icarian Warroirs, Double Dragon, TimePilot, 1942, Tempest, and a boat load of other arcade games before they were on consoles.

If you think dying 30k times is bad, it's even worse when you paid .25 to play it! :laugh2:
  16. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Me and a friend took map colors and grid paper and totally mapped out every screen and dungeon in that game when it came out. Played that game forever.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Never played that game. I was too busy playing tecmo bowl.
  18. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,309 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    I'm betting you always played as the Raiders too. Had to cheat with Bo Jackson didn't you? :laugh2:
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,522 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    We got Mario Galaxy 1&2 and the new Super Mario for my son. All three of them are awesome.
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    there was only 4 team you could win with all the times

Bears or Giants due to defense Raiders - Bo Jackson and the 49ers had one pass play that always worked every time

I always ran the 49ers