1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett and Kiffin could be perfect storm

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Wood, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,755 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    As important as kiffin signing is who he brings in and becomes next DC. I see kiffin as DC for two years max.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,920 Messages
    4,487 Likes Received
    I worry about the safeties covering and the secondary tackling well.
  3. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    I just hope he can remember when to tell Garrett to throw a challenge flag.
  4. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That's the key, imo.

He needs strong assistant coaches. Hopefully the guys he wants are available.
  5. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,397 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Nothing is different.

gotta have the good players to win their match ups.

Wanny's D was built for speed. The big studs along the line clogged everything up, and let the 7 other guys do their thing.

Darrin Smith ran like a deer. So did Norton.
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,260 Messages
    2,456 Likes Received
    Jimmy ran the Miami 4-3, which is a variation on the over front. Kiffin uses the under front, and gives his middle linebacker deeper coverage responsibilities.

At least that's how I understand it...
  7. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Agreed. As much as Sensabaugh can jump through the roof, he has one gear, can only run forward downhill, and does not seem to understand the physics of a ball in flight and the distance to an object in motion. I think Church works as the SS but they need a rangy and punishing striker at FS.

This defense will fit Claiborne, Moore, and Scandrick well for CBs. I bet that Kiffin turns Scandrick into an interception machine. Not sure about Carr.
  8. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wannstadt had very little actual coaching and scheming skill. Similar to Garrett, his players made plays because of their athleticism not from his brain. Kiffin actually designs his defense according to the weakness of the offense and changes his attack during games. I watched Wannstadt for years in Chicago and he was just basically as anachronistic as his moustache and 70's hairdo. There was no plan or intelligent design. He just waited for his players to do something. I'm not even sure he actually coordinated anything in Dallas, I think it was Jimmy acting as Jim Henson and Wannstadt was Guy Smiley.
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Why does our team always seem to be one step behind, trying to catch up or copy what others are already doing?