1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett get puppetized

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Jan 22, 2013.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Today marks officially the day Garrett became JJ's latest puppet. most of us knew it was coming so it begins today.

Hopefully the players dont bail on Garrett this upcoming season.
  2. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    It's a shame, really.
  3. Doctor32

Doctor32 Hi-Definition Warrior

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a stretch conclusion based on what?
  4. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,340 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    I wonder if Jerry is trying to make Jason angry enough to break his contract.
  5. CowboyChris

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Its a shame he is still the head coach, just my opinion
  6. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    You either let Garrett have the final say, and his own staff, or you fire him. He can't put his stamp on a team he has no power over.
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    I agree!
  8. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was given free reign over this team and what has he done? I am not a Jerfy fan but if he feels his product is failing hd should make moves to get it back on track. He is giving him ever option to succeed instead of firing him.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  9. CowboyChris

2,676 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    exactly, Garrett doesnt have the nads to stick up to Jerry!! Why would we want him as a coach?
  10. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I see where you are coming from. But I just don't see an easy environment to coach in Dallas. That's why I *have given* Garrett the benefit of the doubt.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,862 Messages
    3,783 Likes Received
    Saw this on twitter...

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn
    I have been all for Red J turning over play calling duties. But it had to be HIS decision not having Jerry demote him. He is a powerless HC.

and it seems to reflect the overall sentiment of this thread. The question I have is how else was Jason going to give up playcalling without Jerry forcing the issue?

I would think that now that this role has been removed from Jason's duties for the foreseeable future that people would be happy about it. Now it's something else to complain about.

You guys.. *sigh*
  12. jr40usa

jr40usa Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Things in place for Gruden. JG is being setup to resign.
  13. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

Lawd have mercy!
  14. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I guess if he had chosen one of his guys to be his OC then it wouldn't be an issue. The problem is that he doesn't have anybody who would appease the masses. John his brother? Cam Cameron? There's nobody out there. So Jerry steps in and now it's viewed as rendering him powerless. Somebody pointed out in another thread that Tom Landry too was forced to hire Paul Hackett in '86 to call offensive plays. IIRC Landry took away the play calling midway thru the season which ended 7-9. The problems back then just like today's wasn't coaching as much as personnel. But hey, somebody has to take the fall.
  15. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,066 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    If we get a better offensive line, the play calling will improve, regardless of who is calling the plays.
  16. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,638 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I enjoy the muppets.
  17. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

472 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Agreed. People tend to focus on the coaches too much. Can't have a good O-line without TALENT.
  18. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,219 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Nah, it's part of the plan. If JJ "forces" Jason to give up playcalling, then Jason should show a backbone and quit, which was their intended aftermath - a new HC.

My question is: what makes y'all believe JG reads CZ and will take your "suggestions" to heart?
  19. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Jerry is the King! Forever :bow:
  20. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish I was a coach and had an OL that could stone-wall defenders and give my QB all day to throw in the NFL, because you know, that is what good coaching is all about...