1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Garrett PC and Practice Tweets - 09/19/13

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,050 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    They will probably work JJ in. I doubt they just start him over Allen.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    I was big on allen when we got him and knew he'd start. Hes pretty good but I do wanna jj he has some abilities!
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    yes alot more speed and power in the secondary. Hopefully not too much rookie mistakes but heck allen was making them anyways.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,705 Messages
    3,925 Likes Received
    Emmitt Smith "No pain"
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,014 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    Exactly. The only reason to be starting Allen to begin with was the fact that they were worried about rookie mistakes. Allen has not been consistent enough, so there is no reason to hold back the rookie.

The fact that JJ is this close is a ringing endorsement for him, the secondary coaches, and the fact that the scheme is so easy to pickup. Wouldn't have happened last year, imo.
  6. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    "Garrett said the Cowboys need to run the ball even if the d is set to stop the run"

LOL, sorry buddy boy. I remember Hard Knocks, you ain't foolin anyone.
  7. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,384 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Garrett +Callahan = Andy Reid passing-happy offense on steroids
  9. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,482 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    so Broaddus seems to think that the cowboys like the Wilcox / Cook matchup better than the Allen / Cook matchup. could be the main reason why Wilcox is starting and/or getting the majority of the snaps

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...g-OT-Out/73f2a3b0-02fc-4108-a1cf-0ab1ea9b8c23
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  10. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Good to see Terrance Williams dominating practice. But the question is was it williams dominating or webb sucking? Where is Miles Austin? This guy was a beast (one year) and now look at him.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,052 Messages
    7,554 Likes Received
    I'd be excited to see Wilcox out there starting. Let him develop on the field.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  12. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,474 Messages
    1,546 Likes Received
    So about Dez's back, is it going to more of a problem then his ankle? Also, how much of a problem is his back going to be? Hopefully he won't be limited come Sunday, but it honestly doesn't sound too good.
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,662 Messages
    4,795 Likes Received
    My opinion is that Miles is a seasoned vet now. Fans/Media only care about the new kids on the block, not the guys who have been around awhile.
  14. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,494 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    So far, this is looking a great draft class. Pretty impressive that our first four picks should become major contributors.
  15. jblaze2004

8,546 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    they mentioned witten who is more of a vet. If miles was beasting I guaranteed we would know.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,662 Messages
    4,795 Likes Received
    I don't know.. Miles has been under the radar all offseason. He got a little love last week because KC was his breakout game. Other than that, he doesn't get mentioned.
  17. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    It's exciting to hear about Williams and Wilcox. I know some have been down on him, but I think Williams has a lot of potential and could become a valuable weapon for us this year.
  18. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

795 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I mentioned in another thread after reviewing the game that there were some plays not being made by Will Allen and I questioned if they would consider J.J. Wilcox. On the very first drive by K.C. there were back to back plays that were critical. On one play Allen really should have had an interception. He got his hands on the ball and just did not finish the play. The next play (I think it was the next play) was the 3rd and 15 that they converted on a qb scramble. Allen had trouble getting off of a block to get to the QB. Likely a player like Wilcox would be more physical and could have gotten off of the block and stopped him short.

If he made the first play the Chiefs get zip on their first drive. If he makes the second play we hold them to a field goal. There were some other plays that I thought Allen could have reacted better as well. I'm hopeful that Wilcox at least is able to get some snaps and get more used to playing in the base defense.

Make no mistake about it, if Wilcox plays there will be mistakes made by him, but he also has a chance to make some big plays too.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,699 Messages
    2,050 Likes Received
    Wilcox was running with the 1s today at practice, fwiw.
    ufcrules1 likes this.
  20. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,050 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    I believe JJ was the one recognized the break-down during the NY game when Cruz scored and tried to come across the field to defend when Allen let him free.

Edit: maybe that was Webb