1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett PC and Practice Tweets - 10/10/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 10, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,830 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received

hhmmm.....

i wonder how many cowboys "leaders" will offer leadership and advice to ravens players?

more importantly, how many ravens players would bother tol isten if they did?

yep, theres no leadership void on this team
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,906 Likes Received
  3. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,723 Messages
    900 Likes Received
    Garrett probably got a buzz on his pager from the "walk around coach" and changed his answer, Felix had a great burst last week so he stays as the returner.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Yeah, Tyron seems like a Raven 1st rounder and not what we usually go for.
    I think our drafting is improving though.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis is a bit of an exception. I'm sure you know that.
    It has nothing to do with Ravens or Cowboys.
  6. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Coming off our bye and we still have guys with hamstring problems?:(
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    There may be a leadership void here. However, you cannot look at Ray Lewis as an example of that void. He's pretty much the most respected leader in the league. He's probably the best team leader in this generation.

We may not have a guy like that, but few teams have anyone close
  8. visionary

7,830 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    while that is true (that ray lewis is a great player/leader), he should be that on his own team

how often do opposing teams players feel free to say, in the public domain, that they will give leadership and advice to players on the opposing team? and the opposing team players meekly accept?

might it be because they know we have none on our team?

this is absolutely pathetic
    and we wonder why this team under achieves
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what are you talking about? who has "meekly accepted"? and in the case of Ray Lewis, there are young players on other teams who he mentors.
  10. DABOYZ

DABOYZ Active Member

705 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Nice catch. Cowboys&Lakersfan gets on here using the same argument for everything and calls everyone who doesn't agree with him morons. There is no need to even give him the time of day anymore. He does a fantastic job of making himself look like a ******* with each and every post he makes.
  11. visionary

7,830 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

so this happens fairly frequently?

show me another player saying they will talk to a player on the team they are PLAYING THAT WEEK about leadership

sounds to me like ray is saying "since your team does not have leaders, let me be your leader" not acceptable at any time but the week we are playing them, it is pathetic
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,596 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Gee, that's likely because we don't have any players who have been in legal trouble before.

That's why Ray is reaching out -- he sees a young guy who is screwing stuff up like he did.

We may be lacking in leadership but this is a pretty unique case and to draw broad conclusions from it seems silly.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,859 Messages
    4,425 Likes Received
    All good points. I think some don't understand we have a line that has never really worked together. No one is lined up next to a player they have player with. The center has had no time at all with the OL except the last few weeks. He's the one making the calls. So not only may the false snaps be a problem with the new center, they may also have problems with calling the right blocking and picking up the stunts, blitzes, delayed blitzes, yada.

I looked at some of the pass protection and it wasn't as bad as I initially thought which was fairly bad. Those whiffs may not always be a matter of poor execution but also recognition and teamwork. There are times one player looks like a whiff or poor block and that wasn't his guy at all. No way to know how often that is happening.

My point to some is the physical ability may be better than they think.
  14. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a great deal of resepct for Ray Lewis. He's a guy who overcame his challenges, and never let down his teamates on the filed or in the locker room. There are similaririties to Michael Irvin, whom I highly respect as well for many of the same reasons.
  15. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I have a huge man crush on Ray and Ed.
  16. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

huh? another player? why? we are talking about Ray Lewis in particular. Also, Ray never said he was going to talk to him about leadership.

you obviously have some issues, I will note your name and stay away due to attempts at intelligent conversation being futile.

edit: I have been corrected. Ray did say leadership. I would presume that would be in the same form he offers many other players leadership, and that it does not reflect on the leadership on the Dallas Cowboys whatsoever.
  17. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Ray Lewis said he would like to talk to Dez Bryant and see where his head is, possibly offer leadership and advice
  18. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yes, I have read this thread. thanks - edited my other post
  19. visionary

7,830 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

yep, that some intelligent conversation right there
  20. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    when someone messes up and admits it and gives further explanation as to why they even said what they did in the first place, it sure is. go ahead and laugh, though.