1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett PC, Stephen Jones Interview, and Practice Tweets - 11/1/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 1, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    105.3 The FAN ‏@1053thefan
    #Cowboys coach Jason Garrett daily press conference NOW on 105.3 The Fan. Online Stream http://bit.ly/SJRWjZ @1053thefan @dallascowboys #NFL

mike fisher ‏@fishsports
    Tyron family's financial coat-tail riding came long before #Cowboys & football. They rode him like this even when he was a little kid

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Stephen Jones said Wed. that Felix Jones is "certainly not 100%." Garrett said Thurs. that Felix's shoulder "got a little banged up" vs NYG.

Jason Garrett on Tyron Smith's family issues: "You just have to come into work and do your job the best you can."

Has Jason Garrett seen off-the-field issues affect Tyron Smith at all? Garrett: "No."

Romo liked Garrett's calls while Cowboys made comeback. What was different? Garrett: "I just think we were efficient throwing the football."

Garrett: "We have to run the ball better than we did the other day and be a more balanced offense. We'll continue to strive to do that well"

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley
    I'm hearing DeMarco Murray is 50-50 for the Eagles game. Highly unlikely he'd be ready for the Falcons.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,807 Messages
    772 Likes Received
    Just once, I want to come in one of these threads and see that Garrett is pissed off or saying something--anything.

Reading his quotes, I can't tell if they're from today or last year.
  3. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,784 Messages
    5,196 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  4. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
    The Falcons are the least penalized team in the NFL. Coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys aspire to be the same and need continue to work on cutting down there penalties.

The Falcons have one of the best home field advantages of because with loud, raucous crowd at the Georgia Dome. Garrett said the Cowboys have to be on point to avoid false starts

Jason Garrett said maligned guard Mackenzy Bernadeau has gotten much better and played his best game against the Giants.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,542 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    Romo liked Garrett's calls while Cowboys made comeback. What was different? Garrett: "I just think we were efficient throwing the football."

LOL Tony, how's the bus looking from underneath?
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,784 Messages
    5,196 Likes Received
    the reason the team played better down 23-0 is b/c the pressure was off their backs. they folded like lawn chairs as soon as we took the lead (felix fumble).
  7. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please! Garret was asked what was different about his play calls. He did not anser that question directly. Instead he reported the outcome, which was better (more efficent) production gtivne that the play calling was different.

The expert breakdowns of that offensive stretch have concluded that passes were shorter, generally and that more passes were directed at Witten and Austin as the primary reads.

That's what was different, and I understand why Garret did not answer it, as to not imply the abvious, that Witten and Austin are much, much more relaible than Dez Bryant and Ogletree.

That also keeps Romo from under the bus becuase it was Romo who petitioned Garrett to call more plays to Witten and Austion, which begs the question, then Why did Romo all of a sudden change gears as to feature Dez Bryant and Kevin Ogletree on arguably the 2 most critical plays of that botched last drive.

By NOT answeting the quiestion directly, Garrett inadvertantly protected Romo from the media coming after him with that obvious follow-up question. Garrett has also blames all 4 of Romo's interceptions on his receivers, when expert breakdown attribute 3 of the 4 to receivers, but clearly said that Romo botched the screen to Flex Jones that ended in 6 points the other way.

If anyhting Garret has gone way out of his way to protect Romo at every step. And honestly, Romo has done MUCH MORE good than bad this offseason in light of all these negative plays, so I can see why Garrett would take his side before others.
  8. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher
    Bill Parcells on Jason Witten (1): It was obvious very quickly football was important to him. He was diligent, eager to learn ...

Dez Bryant is on practice field after missing Wednesday's workout with sore hip.

Jason Hatcher has also returned with a shin bruised. Dan Connor sitting out. Kevin Ogletree on field but unsure if practicing. Didn't on Wed

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
    Dez Bryant back to practice on Thursday after missing wed. Still looks to have discomfort in right hip area
  9. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,939 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    Agreed.

As smart as he is, .. he does not appear to be a leader. A leader needs to say when things are good as well as when things are bad.

I know, I know, someone will say that is how he is with the media, .. and that I don't know how he is when he is with the team.

Well, my only reply is that his demeanor, and his actions on the sidelines when he is with the team during games, probably reflects how he is during practice and meetings. And that is the same as in interviews.

I want him to be the next "great young coach", and take us to the promise-land, ... buuut not sure we are seeing that yet.
  10. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
    Stephen Jones said he's concerned with the health of Felix Jones. He said several players wouldn't have played through with his issues.

Stephen jones also said confidence level is high in tony romo.

Stephen Jones also said he doesn't expect Cowboys to make a trade. Trade deadline is 3 pm today.

Stephen jones said tony romo is fine. They remain confident in him. Jones said romo is not the problem
  11. WV Cowboy

10,939 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    WG, .. is Stephen Jones being quoted more lately, or is this the way it always is, and I have just not noticed?
  12. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    Stephen jones said the cowboys will not trade mike jenkins because they need him. No deals before the trade deadline

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Stephen Jones on Felix: "I'm concerned b/c he’s not healthy. We got 1 already that can’t play. He’s banged up. I give Felix a lot of credit"

Stephen Jones on Felix: "He's got some things going on that are real. We’ve had players before in the past that wouldn’t go out like that."
  13. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
    He's gotten more accessible to the media the last year or so.

I'm not sure, but I think he has a radio show or something on The Fan once a week.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,501 Messages
    6,239 Likes Received
    That's the entire point of how he handles the press. You're never going to see him give them any red meat. Personally, I love it.
  15. WoodysGirl

66,082 Messages
    5,602 Likes Received
  16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    He gives them plenty of red meat for 3 hours on Sundays.
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,744 Messages
    2,420 Likes Received
    As do I. It reminds me of Landry.
  18. odog422

odog422 Well-Known Member

1,518 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    That was funny. And true, sadly.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,501 Messages
    6,239 Likes Received
    Or they're so angry after a loss, they think anything is red meat and eat it without thinking it through carefully.
  20. WV Cowboy

10,939 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    I think by "3 hours on Sundays" he means during the game, not afterwards.