1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett PC Tweets - 12/27/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 27, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,686 Messages
    6,431 Likes Received
    Not a whole lot today...
    ----------------------------------------

mike fisher ‏@fishsports
    I'm told #cowboys practice will be here at VRanch today. Ice Bowl II Controversy averted.

Garrett off mic re yesterday's fake #cowboys ice bowl controversy: 'geez, I thought I was on 'Candid Camera.'

National #Cowboys story brewing for tonite: 'Romo Ain't No Aikman!' #BookIt

RedBall on NFL salary cap: 'that's above my pay grade.' (Always funny when smart guys act dumb) #Cowboys

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean
    Cowboys will practice outdoors today. This should make everyone happy.

Kyle Orton is playing the part of RG3. Or trying to.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
    Garrett fires some friendly shots at the press conference...

Josh Ellis ‏@josh_ellis11
    Listening to Garrett's press conference now. Sounds like Ed Werder is planning a "Romo Hasn't Gotten It Done" story for tonight! #KillMe
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,978 Messages
    3,477 Likes Received
    Given the fact Harris played some QB at EC I would think they would put him in the role of RGIII during practice at least some of the time.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,528 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Hopefully that means he's too busy getting reps with the 1s on offense.
  4. WoodysGirl

66,686 Messages
    6,431 Likes Received
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,841 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    That was my first thought as well, but I agree with JohnsKey19 as it hopefully means Harris is getting a lot of work on the offensive side.

/reality
  6. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Wow. Never thought I'd see the day where even the local scribes were sick of the hack pieces by the national media. Must be afraid they're going to use up all of their material.
  7. WoodysGirl

66,686 Messages
    6,431 Likes Received
    Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez
    Last question at presser: ‘The ice gone from the fields?’ Answer: ‘Ice is gone from the fields.’ Then a throwaway: ‘All squared away, Ed.’

Garrett leaves the podium with a smile after assuring reporters the fields are ice-free. Says, 'Thought I was on candid camera yesterday.'
  8. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,292 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    No wonder our D had so much trouble stopping them the first time. We got possibly the slowest player on the team mimicking RGIII.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,978 Messages
    3,477 Likes Received
    I'm sure he is, I still think if your trying to duplicat RGIII for the defense to get work in, that Harris would be the guy over Orton to do so
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,438 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    he'll mimick the throwing part a lot better than Dwayne will ever try. I'm sure they can put Dunbar or another RB back there to mimick the running around part.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :laugh1:
  12. MissouriCowboy

MissouriCowboy Well-Known Member

998 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Chocolate Lab good too see you on here.
  13. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I don't know enough about Orton to know how good his ball fakes are, but if they are very good, then he should be mimicking RGIII. Its the ball fakes that get you, if Orton can get them on the ball fakes, it does not matter what he does after that as far as running goes, because if Orton can fool them, RGIII will also and RGII will make them pay!

How disciplined Spencer and Butler/Ware are will be a big part of this game.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,880 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Does Mike Fisher speak English? I wouldn't bet I understood a damn thing he posted.

Maybe he does, and I don't? I could have sworn I do though.
  15. WoodysGirl

66,686 Messages
    6,431 Likes Received
    Well, just going through the tweets, there was a big to-do about the fact taht the Cowboys practiced at Cowboys stadium yesterday instead of Valley Ranch.

Nat'l media thought they should've in order to prepare for the weather this weekend. Problem is that there was literally a sheet of ice over the practice field.

Another tidbit, I got out of it and subsequent tweets was that Ed Werder was there...and so local media was pointing out that there will probably be some craptastic story being spun about Romo later.

Not sure about the cap stuff in his tweets. I'm sure there will be a follow-up later.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,880 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    If I was still doing av titles, yours would say, "World's Greatest Translator."