1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gatorade's new commercial: If Joe Montana/Dwight Clark hadn't connected?

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by TruBlueCowboy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Has everyone seen Gatorade's new commercial titled "Winning Formula?"

It takes three famous clutch sports moments and edits the video to make it look like the player didn't make the game winning move.

The first is Michael Jordan's famous shot against Cleveland in the Playoffs, the second is an Oakland A's & New York Yankees baseball game, and the third is the Joe Montana to Dwight Clark pass. You can even watch Everson Walls celebrating, and Clark grabbing his helmet in frustration as the ball bounces off his hands and richochets into the camera.

http://media.putfile.com/Gatorade-Winning-Formula

What could have been. :(
  2. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, it's actually not too new.. I think it's from the end of last year or so

but regardless, it's a pretty sweet commercial

I love seeing our CB pump his fist in the air after Dwight Clark misses "The Catch"... I also love seeing the real Michael Jordan play where he sinks it over Ehlo to advance in the playoffs against the Cavaliers.. LOVE that shot and how he jumps up in the air afterwards
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thats been on for at least 6 months
  4. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is it from last year? Doesn't surprise me. I rarely watch commericials these days since most everything I watch is prerecorded on TiVo. I guess I don't watch much baseball these days. I didn't even remember that A's & Yankees game.
  5. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Have you heard about the Berlin wall?
  6. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All right, all right, give it to the man who doesn't watch commercial anymore. Let me have it. :laugh2:
  7. Rude

Rude New Member

703 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love that commercial, I wonder how they changed it.
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,091 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    About a decade and a half without seeing "the catch" a bijillion times.:mad:
  9. SALADIN

SALADIN Jumper

1,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Congrats on havin' a life.

Some of us have nothing better to do than follow football and be smart aszez.

;)
  10. irishwaste

irishwaste New Member

203 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As a New Yorker that was top 10 moments of my life :D

Game 4 I believe, 2001 ALDS, Yankees were down in the series 0-2 and were trying to come back and had to win 3 in a row. Jeremy Giambi was on 2nd I believe and on a hit in the outfield corner he was waved home. Shane Spencers throw was slightly off target, and out of nowhere Jeter came racing across the infield and grabbed it and backhanded it to Posada, who preformed one of the best tags I've ever seen on Giambi, where he got him on the back of the leg before he hit the plate. That was a playoffs full of much needed magic, especially after 9/11.
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,308 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Yeah you come to EXPECT that from Jeter as standard play. The guy is great.
  12. cleverusername

cleverusername New Member

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I am so sick of that commercial, dwight clark, and joe montana, and every media outlet and commentator that plays that disappointing play over and over each year. now we have this stupid commercial that plays with my emotions and gets my hopes up, but the outcome is always the same, sadly.

:cry:
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,663 Messages
    324 Likes Received

That would have been Everson Walls.

Maybe the fates of two teams would have changed on that day. If there truly was an alternate universe, that was one moment where lives changed ...
  14. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,167 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    I may actually enjoy watching the replay now......:laugh2: