1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

GBN's 2013 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The Realist, May 1, 2012.

1. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

First of all we better not be picking 15. Second of all I'll be livid if we go TJ ahead of Jones or Lester. Lester better production, coached better and played vs. much better competition.
  2. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Surprising number of safety prospects in the first, which makes the Barron pick at 7 a bit more surprising (for me anyway). Not all 6 will go in the first most likely. Probably half will fall. I hope we don't take a safety in the first and address another need and go safety in the second.
  3. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,115 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    totally agree that we'd better not be at 15...but i have no issue with McDonald.

granted let's be clear that i'm a Trojan homer, lol
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,966 Messages
    4,040 Likes Received
    casmith should like this.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,047 Messages
    2,471 Likes Received
    Yep. And if you want to be "livid" over a 6'3", 205 lb son of a multiple Pro Bowl, multiple All-Pro, Super Bowl winning safety, knock yourself out.

I'll take TJ McDonald all day every day. He's going to be a good one of he's even HALF of what his dad was.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Lester isn't that great of a player. Misses on way to many tackles and Barron made him look alot better than he really was.
    This year will be his try out and see how he does with out Barron next to him. I don't see him as a first round pick.
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I hope we use our 2013 second this year on Rambo if he enters the supplemental draft
  8. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,626 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    wow I forgot about Jeffcoat being draft eligible next season....I hope he stays in Austin though.

It looks like to get the players I want, we would have to get several first and second round picks.......Okafor, Lester, Vaccaro, J Jones, and B Jones.....
  9. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think it would be cool if Jeffcoat were our pick. He could wear a star on his helmet just like dear ol' dad did.
  10. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,538 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Wow, has GBN only heard of six or seven schools in all of college football?
  11. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, lets draft someone based off his dad's production. Lester produces more vs better competition.
  12. KnowledgeBarnes

KnowledgeBarnes New Member

30 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, we need a cover safety and the Pac10 is a way better passing conference than the SEC.
  13. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which safety went top 10 again?

Someone forgot all the teams interested in Mark Barron.

I like Lester's production better vs much better competition.

And in a passing conference like the Pac Two TJ should have more especially playing on a team as talented as that with a D that is usually playing with big leads.
  14. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    First of all, giving 6 safties a first round grade is insanity. Secondly, let's tap the breaks on TJ McDonald for a second. This year's draft just ended and it's a long ways away till the next. Yes, he's a physical specimen and comes from good pedigree, but if he's so great, why didn't he declare for this year's draft...a weak class of safties outside of Barron. I'm wondering if he didn't get a great projection from the draft advisory board. And I don't buy this I wanted to return to get my degree spin....

And lastly, even though it's way early to project these kids at this point, I've seen him going in round two in a lot of mocks. If he was such a great prospect, he'd consistanly show up in the first round much like Berry did. Heck, at the same point in the process, I think Mayes was more consistantly rated higher.

Not saying he won't be good, but let's let the season play out and wait and see what his workout numbers look like before we crown him the next great safety.
  15. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    To be fair, McDonald's not the only one retuning for his sr season....
  16. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,037 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I want Rambo, strictly for his name.
  17. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,896 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    I would just take Jeffcoat, the DE from Texas and cash in on another one two / father son pair like the Longs...
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,820 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Worked with Bobby Carpenter ; )
  19. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys had one of those Rambo guys before and he stunk!
  20. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Has a WRs picked 1 and 2 overall ever happened?????