1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gee and its not the PC stem cell either

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by burmafrd, Sep 2, 2009.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,152 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
  2. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I don't know what you mean by PC and un PC stem cells. There should be research into both adult and embryonic stem cells. We should be encouraging science in all areas of research. Anyhow, embryonic stem cells can be used to treat the most common form of blindness, so it has shown promise.

And I don't know what you mean by foricing research into adult stem cells. Adult stem cell research has always had loads of funding. It has been embryonic stem cell research where funding has been more scarce because of certain political attitudes. So that statement you made makes no sense.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,152 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    As usual you are oblivious of the real world. Anyone with any knowledge of the last 7-8 years knows very well what PC stem cells mean. That you don't is just another notch in your peg leg. And by forcing researchers to not go the easy route with embryonic and put SO MUCH OF THE AVAILABLE FUNDING in that area we have done better.
  4. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    There has always been more funding for adult stem cells, so I have no idea what you are talking about.
  5. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,711 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    If you mean more funding by taking money from citizens to pay for it, I would agree. The private funding is going to things that actually work.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,915 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Which would be different than where the "public" funding goes?

I'll admit, I don't follow the topic that much. Read a few articles here and there but usually not more than what makes the news. With that said, I'm not sure about the PC stem cell issue either. Maybe you could fill us both in.
  7. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,868 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    No federal funding for embryonic stem cell research has been scarce up until recently. And the vast majority of scientists would disagree with you.

[IMG]