1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Get Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RealCowboyfan, Jan 1, 2013.

1. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,921 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    Holy crap this board...:laugh2:
  2. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

772 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    ^ He's worthy of a #12 jersey.

Did you know more winning SB QBs have worn a #12 jersey than any other number?
    • Staubach
    • Bradshaw
    • Brady
    • Rodgers
    • Namath
    • Greise
    • Stabler
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,040 Messages
    3,957 Likes Received
    I'm led to believe we can make it happen, if those of us with enough clout are willing to boycott until Jerry makes the trade. Get 'er done, Jerry.

:D
  4. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,338 Messages
    1,126 Likes Received
    Cam or Vick would love playing with Dez
  5. Tex

Tex Active Member

554 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    lmao! Yeah right.

Maybe Romo. Lee, Carter, Dez, Mo and our number 1's for the next 3 years.

You cant trade for a young QB like that unless you mortgage the house.

Forget the stupid "What would it take for RG3, Luck or Cam ina trade??"

Aint friggin happening. Its just as likely to ask "What would it take to have Tim Landry come back from the grave to coach the cowboys next year?"

Young QB's like this just dont get traded unless they are druggies or something. Your ONLY shot is they leave in FA when their rookie deal expires.
  6. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,921 Messages
    896 Likes Received
    Vick would love playing with anybody. Dude is a joke and always has been. Romo is twice the quarterback that felon is and to even mention him as a replacement for Romo is a joke.

I'd take Cam Newton in a heartbeat over the dog killer any day. Doesn't matter though because Cam Newton isn't going anywhere.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,040 Messages
    3,957 Likes Received
    You accidentally typed 'Vick' right there, fyi.
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,896 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    I don't think he'll be traded to Dallas but with Jerry who knows. The way he was talking about RG3 after the Thanksgiving game and now that RG3 is in the playoffs it wouldn't surprise me if Jerry went out and got a "running QB" type.
  9. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    the only thing ignorant was your response.
  10. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Cam...really?
    This board never ceases to amaze me how clueless our fanbase is sometimes.
  11. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

3,715 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Cam will be a bust
  12. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    I don't get why CAR would trade Newton for 1 year of Romo.
  13. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T Well-Known Member

1,099 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    There's a double standard here. We can not blame Cam Newton, but we place all the blame for losing on Romo. I think Romo accounts for 3 of our losses this season, but he accounts for all 8 of the wins. What is our record with Orton at QB? 5-11?
  14. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,604 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I tried to do that trade on Madden. The computer said NO 10 times.
  15. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I live in Charlotte and trust me the guys LB size with his speed is amazing to watch and he can take more of a pounding than RGIII or Vick due to that. He can make deep accurate throws from time to time. But I dont know if you have watched any Panthers games, but your last three points are not Cam Newton.

His leadership sucks. He's a "me first" player and will constantly call his own number on goal line situations at times until "he" gets the TD to take the credit, even though they have two stud RBs in Williams/Stewart and a beast in Tolbert. He constantly can be seen sulking on the sidelines when things dont go his way or they are getting beat or he screws up.

All players want to win, dont see how that is any different than any QB in the league. His confidence can be misleading because he is a run first QB for the most part and there are times I have seen him make horrible decisions and get happy feet.

He is a good QB, but his own teammates have already called him out on his leadership and whiny *** attitude on more than one occassion. The fans do love him there and he can be exciting to watch live. But, they are not gonna let him go unless you guys pull an Al Davis trade and give up two first rounders ala the Palmer to Oakland trade. I can tell you there are no players on your roster that Carolina would accept as an equal trade.

Plus you would have to overhaul your entire sceme to work in option formations and designed QB draws, etc. And if for some insane reason this did happen, y'all would be complaining about him by week 5 after watching him take off running and seeing a wide open Dez and Austin with no one around them. See it all the time when I do tune into Panther games or go to them.
  16. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,656 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    This :bow:
  17. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,656 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
  18. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    You actually think Garrett will modify his system for a running QB? He cant even work out a decent system for his mobile QB.
  19. RGIII

RGIII Member

35 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    How many Super Bowls and playoff appearences did good ole "Tim" Landry take you to? I actually just laughed out loud. Its ok though, cause when we got Josh Gibbs back to coach us, we made the playoffs twice again :D
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,789 Messages
    2,856 Likes Received
    Watching this team is a lesson in self torture. Reading some of these threads is a lesson in brain cell suicide