1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Giants' David Diehl Pleads Guilty To DWI Charge

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by speedkilz88, Feb 11, 2013.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,845 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
    Eight months after a day of watching soccer at a Queens bar led to him hitting two parked cars with his luxury car, New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl has pled guilty to drunk driving.

Diehl made the plea Monday to aggravated DWI and impaired driving in Queens Criminal Court, according to the New York Daily News. Diehl was sentenced to six months probation, and ordered to pay $1,200 in restitution and $300 in fines. He must also wear an alcohol-monitoring "scram" bracelet for 90 days.

At the time of his June 2012 arrest, Diehl failed a breathalyzer test that revealed a blood alcohol content of .18, more than twice the legal limit, according to WNBC-TV.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...diehl-pleads-guilty-to-drunken-driving-charge
  2. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,384 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    listening to some of the legal experts on this board I was sure Ratliff was headed for the chair.
  4. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    At least he didn't shoot himself.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I don't recall him being suspended any games, so Ratliff shouldn't either. If so, we can all say "what the heck, Goodell??"
  6. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

921 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Amazes me how this happened in June 2012 and it took until now for judgment to be made. If it were any of us we would have been in court much sooner.

If Ratliff is suspended and Diehl isn't, something is really wrong. I think each should be suspended a game though, but anything more than that is draconian for a first offense.

Only 300 bucks in fines for a DWI? Now that's ridiculous. Where are the mandatory drug/alcohol education classes here, community service, etc.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,199 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    8 months from incident to verdict in Queens? Seems pretty quick to me.