1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Giants struggling to score in preseason doesn't bode well for Cowboys opener

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Aug 20, 2013.

1. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,882 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    The home losses to the Giants have been more about the Cowboys beating themselves than the Giants beating the Cowboys.
    Wheeltax and Mace like this.
  2. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    The breaks the Giants have had at the new stadium are ridiculous. Dez' Pinky finger wasn't even the worst of them. For me it was that bogus interception that Witten intially swatted down, then it bounced off his foot into a defenders arms in the inaugural game. That set the tone for the Giants fortune at AT&T.
    nake likes this.
  3. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,004 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    i would say both first team offense has looked average especially in the red zone.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,778 Messages
    5,194 Likes Received
    Why?
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,661 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I agree, the bounces the Giants get are ridiculous.. The interception really killed..

But, Dallas still did not do enough to win any of those games. I don't like them playing at home. So, I don't think they win.
  6. Hook'em#11

2,661 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    Probably because it is pre season and you can't judge the Giant scrubs putting up more points than the Dallas scrubs. If you meant by the Giants' Starters putting up more points than the Dallas Starters?? Well, it still doesn't matter.. It's still preseason.

Not really worth a face palm, just not relevant.
  7. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,124 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Now that the stadium is named AT&T stadium the curse of the Giants should be lifted.....hopefully the Giants pre-season offensive ineptitude continues.....
  8. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Then this entire thread and every post in it is irrelevant? Don't be that guy...
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,604 Messages
    1,562 Likes Received
    well if we cannot run the ball then we are doomed
    nake likes this.
  10. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,207 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    Looking at DAL schedule, I believe that Dallas at 4-0/1 would be a great start towards a rough schedule.
  11. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I honestly don't think it's all that rough of a schedule. I think for once, things are looking good as they possibly can from the schedule makers.

Think about it.

We get to catch the Giants off guard early with our new scheme, and then we get a bye week before we play them again in November.

Yeah, we have 5 tough games against non divisional opponents with MIN, GB, DEN, NO and CHI, but of those teams, we get the 2 toughest at home (GB, DEN) as well as the Vikes.

It will be daunting to go into NO, but we get that mini-thanksgiving bye week before we go to Chicago... not to mention, the Bears have floundered in early December the last 2 years.

Not to mention, we finally start and end at home rather than the complete opposite.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,058 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    Based on last year I agree but then there are always teams who jump up and surprise. Hard to say right now which teams will jump up. I don't think many saw the Seahawks as much of a contender before last season.
  13. Hook'em#11

2,661 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    No, the facepalm isn't relevant. But, no one should take preseason seriously (beside players trying to make a team), unless a MAJOR injury happens to a main player. IMO.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,778 Messages
    5,194 Likes Received
    If that's the case, then this whole thread is irrelevant, agree?
  15. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

965 Messages
    254 Likes Received
    I ain't assumin' nuthin'. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Gnats have their offense well oiled and ready to go by the time they play us. I hope the Cowboys create a great game plan for them.
  16. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,699 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    I am looking at about a 23-17 win for the boys

we get a TD from Dez and Hanna and 3 FG from Bailey
  17. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    Boy, that's a rosy picture!
  18. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,657 Messages
    1,726 Likes Received
    Sarcasm? We could very easily end up going 0-5 against the teams you mentioned. It will be very tough for us to even win 2 (2-3) of those 5 games. And if you throw in our division rivals, well that's another 6 very close games. So all in all we have at least 11 games that will be TOUGH, I honestly don't see how this is an easy schedule. We even probably have one of the hardest schedules in the league.
  19. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,145 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    Yes, if we're going by first-team offense's scoring in the preseason, the game will end up something like 12-9.
  20. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,540 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    That is the beauty of having Garrett as HC. If he throws the ball he's called "Tecmo". If he runs it he's being too conservative. You've got a stick to beat him with either way. Should you be so inclined...