1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recommended Gif: Beasley almost broke Antrel Rolle's ankle

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 03EBZ06, Nov 27, 2013.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,236 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received

he already is
    romo goes to him in many critical third downs
    khiladi likes this.
  2. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    He beat him so bad right off the line, he should have just run straight up the field for an easy TD. LOL. He got owned after Beasley's very first step.
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,078 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    I think there are some players who would see that they smoked the corner back and decide to challenge the safety alone.
  4. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,520 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Looks like a knockout ....the way Rolle dropped to the ground----Charges pending :)
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    That was the play of the game, considering the wind they were kicking into.
    percyhoward likes this.
  6. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

728 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Cole Beasley is going to be a great slot receiver. He has made so many great strides in his short career, it looks like the sky is the limit for him.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,295 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    I would hope the QB's aware of your freelancing.

Troy Aikman would probably want to rip your head off after the play.
    xvendettax914 and khiladi like this.
  8. Crown Royal

10,078 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    I think that's one thing that is utterly impossible to review as a fan or commentator. Doesn't matter how much you watch the all 22, you never know if the route was an option or not.
    khiladi likes this.
  9. Crown Royal

10,078 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Unless it's witten. 95% of the time I'm pretty sure he is allowed to do what he thinks is best.
  10. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Member

97 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Good point - but this was the smart decision to cut the route on a critical play where while a home run is perfect, we needed a certain amount of yards to move the sticks. Take what you absolutely need and what the defense graciously gave you mentality.
  11. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    If they would establish the deep threat with this kid he would be a hard cover for a db. I've noticed in the last few games the defense basically creeps up on him and tried to snuff out the short routes . Still he is so quick he gets open
  12. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

380 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Beasley might be small but it's hard to jam him because he is so quick off the line.

I admit that I was skeptical about him during training camp but the dude can get open and he just made Rolle look like a JV high school player.
  13. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Beasley is officially our Welker. I think he's going to break a punt return with Harris out.
  14. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,130 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    This guy should be in every single play of the game, I don't care about Mile's ego. Currently, Dez, Williams, and Beasely by far give us our best chance at winning. Beasely just might end up being our most valuable weapon in those situations where we have to move the chains quickly. He's our WR that gets open the quickest, and that's huge on those quick crucial plays. Especially with our inconsistency at o-line, with Beasely in Romo doesn't have to hold on to the ball as long.

There's no reason Beasely can't be an 80 catch, 800 yard, 4 td guy, especially with his skill set. It would just take our coach actually integrating him fully into our offense, and not just mainly 3rd downs. Our coaches should take notes of how NE is using Edelman, because there's no reason Beasely shouldn't be used to that extent, if not more.
    TheXFactor likes this.
  15. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,174 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Beasley's been making slot CB's look silly all season.

A safety? gg.
  16. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,399 Messages
    448 Likes Received
    Love me some Beas
  17. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,575 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Exactly. Rolle had no business trying to play slot CB there: he was forced into it because of injuries. We picked on him that whole drive.
    nickjamesw43 likes this.
  18. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,384 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Which combine metric predicts that kind of quick? Or is it the old Mark 1 eyeball?
  19. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

424 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    He has some of the best route running on the team for someone not named Witten.
    These are the type of guys you need to beat big and strong physical corners.
  20. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    Well while we are on this bease love feast , I'll add this.... The kid has really good hands. I can think of only one drop all yr and he caught a few that frankly weren't very catchable .