1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Give it up for Monte Kiffin

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Sep 27, 2013.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,961 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    I'm really excited about the potential of the D, but I'm also really afraid to think of what 1 or 2 injuries could do to this defense. If Ware, Hatcher, Lee, or Church get hurt it could easily turn into a much different defense.
  2. Mactin

Mactin Member

74 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Monte been doing okay for okay for the D but I want to see defense go up against the Broncos next Sunday.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,452 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I am not sold on Denver's offense just yet...they haven't played stellar defenses/teams yet and have dropped huge numbers so far...good teams are supposed to do that (ie: they deserve credit)...they have no defense this week to go up against with philly so they will continue to look strong

next week will be a proving ground for both Denver's offense, and the Dallas D...get your popcorn ready, but let's not pop it until we get past the San Diego game
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    1,564 Likes Received
    We haven't faced any good offensive teams yet. Eli is having his worst season ever, Alex Smith and Sam Bradford are average at best. With that said, I'm happy so far.
  5. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    Kansas City is probably effective enough on offense with the defense they have.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Seriously? lol
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,815 Messages
    7,194 Likes Received
    Sarge always brings the truth with his posts.

I'll prop Kiffin later in the season if it's warranted but for right now put him in the garage, we've got company coming over.
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,815 Messages
    7,194 Likes Received
    We could always continue this discussion in the "Give it up for Rob Ryan" thread on a Saints board.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    This right here. Kinda funny how our defense is starting to look the Bears defense with gang tackling and stripping the ball away. Marinelli is the one who is behind that. I have heard many players say that he is all over them about trying for turnovers. For years our team did not gang tackle or try very hard to strip the ball.
  10. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    He is not too old when he has Marinelli by his side doing a ton of the coaching on defense anyway.
  11. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,370 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    I was one of the ones that said he was too old. My bad.
  12. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I said it too, it's ok to be wrong.:p
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  13. BoysFan4ever

5,370 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    Yea. Never underestimate experience. I learned that.
  14. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,338 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    can we tap the brakes plz, wet the bed tmrw and we.re staring 2-3 right in the face.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,621 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    You have to like the effort so far and I'll give him an A for finding and getting production with leftovers. It's still too early to crown him though.
  16. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I'm not talking about crowning him now. But that's the direction he'll be headed if these guys keep playing like he's capable of making them. He's a good coach. You can see that in the way the players are playing. They haven't done things like this in a decade or two.
  17. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I think we will be 3 and 1
    CowboyMcCoy likes this.
  18. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I said, and wrote I think, that we'd lose last game, and we won convincingly against the Rams. Let's emphasize. We dominated the Rams. Right now we're coming off a win that can be the catalyst for a run of wins. Don't doubt it. The whole issue is closing it out.
  19. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,621 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    I didn't take yours and any other's posts that way. You're excited about the play and so am I. If I see a season's worth of it then I'll fly down and anoint him myself. Kiffin gets kudos, too.
  20. BoysFan4ever

5,370 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    So far I see a whole different approach to the defensive play this year. Lots of swarming to the ball & they actually get turnovers. So far they look much better.