1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Glenn Beck... absolutely nuts.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyWay, Aug 29, 2009.

1. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    You are linking the huffington post and calling Beck nuts?

:lmao:
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Given all the attention he's getting lately I had some time and watched like 5 minutes of his show and I can certainly see the problem.

It was almost unbearable and whatever he was trying to say was being buried under his odd acting out and the constant camera movement, as though this were some drama, designed to captivate. Nope.

Yes, the messenger does have to compose himself and deliver the message without alienating the people he's appealing to or he's just a sideshow. He is really only the inverse caricature of Olbermann, yet oddly, I've never seen too many articles about Olbermanns silliness.

That said, this article certainly isn't written any better and is soaked in sophomoric idiocy and like Beck will only appeal to his fans, so will this message. People will feel superior having read it, watched it, received it and assure themselves that they are smarter than some goof on the television and will then be content to absolve themselves from the mess this country is falling into.

A wonderful state the U.S. has come to. It's like watching two kids on a playground; poo-poo head.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Only the Palin defenders will try to justify Beck's show. Morons unite--LOL.
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,721 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    It is odd how far out their his psyche has become, when he was on radio he was much more dialed back but when he was courted to TV for headline news he started loosing it. I wonder if he has the sme producers as those of mad money.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,158 Messages
    511 Likes Received
    Is it his choosing or someone trying to get Fox to be more hip? Who here works at his studios and knows whats going on?
  7. Temo

Temo Active Member

3,712 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    You can't call out huffingtonpost and ignore all the other crap that gets linked here.
  8. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,009 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Who is going to be the first to come to the defense of this total loon? Who? Anybody?

Just ignore the "huffingtonpost" writeup and just watch the video. Holy geez.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Sure you can, but it reveals your true colors and shows your support for Glenn Beck and the likes of Sarah Palin. Kooks, no matter which source reveals them.
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Funny how the people who claim to despise Beck know sooooo much about him and hang on his every word.
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,201 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    Television

In January 2006, CNN's Headline News announced that Beck would host a nightly news-commentary show in their new prime-time block Headline Prime. The show, simply called Glenn Beck, aired weeknights at 7:00 p.m., repeating at 9:00 p.m. and midnight (all times Eastern) from May 8, 2006 to October 16, 2008.
    By 2007, Beck's success on CNN had ABC wanting him for occasional appearances on Good Morning America.[citation needed]
    CNN Headline News described the show as "an unconventional look at the news of the day featuring his often amusing perspective on the top stories from world events and politics to pop culture and everyday hassles."[9] At the end of his time at CNN-HLN, Beck had the second largest audience behind Nancy Grace.[10] On July 21, 2008, Beck filled in for Larry King on the show Larry King Live.[11] In 2008, Beck won the Marconi Radio Award for Network Syndicated Personality of the Year.[12]
    On October 16, 2008 it was announced that Glenn Beck would join the Fox News Channel, leaving behind CNN Headline News. CNN pulled the program off the air the same day. A news hour with Jane Velez-Mitchell filled Beck's former slot, with subsequent slots filled by Lou Dobbs Tonight encores.[13] After moving to the Fox News Channel, Beck began to host Glenn Beck airing weekdays at 5pm ET, beginning January 19 2009, as well as a weekend version.[14] His first guests included Karl Rove, Governor Sarah Palin, and the wives of Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos.[citation needed] He also has a regular segment every Friday on the Fox News Channel program The O'Reilly Factor titled "At your Beck and call."
  12. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's obviously a propagandist. . . .

That tells me all I need to know. Dude's a kook.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,776 Messages
    529 Likes Received

The guy is acting like a loon .... no doubt.

And the huffington post publishes just as loony of stuff.

So an article by the Huffington post about Glenn Beck is just a little to much Loon than I can handle.

And the word Beck was looking for is Oligarchy ...... if you are gonna have crazy theories ..... at least do the research.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I challenge any of Beck's detractors to dispute what he is saying.
    Call him what you want,but not one of you can make a case against what he is saying about Van Jones,John Holdren and the rest of the czars.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't watch Beck because I can't separate his general buffoonery from what he's trying to say. He might have a point about Van Jones and other pressing issues, but his personality doesn't do him any favors. Olbermann's anger and Maher's smugness are similarly offputting.
  16. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,650 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I haven't watched a single second of his show but given the ratings he is getting, I have no doubt he's laughing all the way to the bank. (And don't give me the sponsor-boycott... for every one he loses, there's two ready to take their place).

Let's face it... guys like Beck, Limbaugh, Olbermann and Maher all love it when the opposition is in power because it is infinitely easier (and no doubt more enjoyable) to be the ones slinging the arrows instead of having to be on the defensive all the time. Rush Limbaugh has been in the news more over the past 8 months than he has over the past 8 years, and I never even heard of Beck until earlier this year.
  17. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can live with that.
    He may not be for everybody,however he has some very valid points about who he is talking about.
    It is unwise to dismiss the message because you don't like messenger.
  18. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Beck but then i funny him funny then again I know who beck is for a long time and if you think he just bust down on Dems you would be wrong the guy is not a standard Republican mouth piece. He is a libertarian which is why some think his stances are weird.

Hey to each his own that is why we have more channels to listen too and I have no issues if people do not want to watch him. Then again I realize what he is and where he comes from and since he doe snot like either side of the isle you never know what he is going to dig up.
  19. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    :lmao2: People take this guy SERIOUSLY!!!
  20. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Rogah, it is like the good politician's problem: in order to accomplish the important policy changes you want to make, first you have to get elected. When he was with Headline News (CNN) Beck said a lot of the same sort of things he says now - had the same viewpoint - but wasn't noticed by people the same way you didn't notice him - had never heard of him.

He discovered when he came to Fox that his antics could attract viewers who would then listen to his message. He takes the silly stuff too far for me to enjoy but his message is a serious one that he couldn't deliver to his vast audience any other way. The left dismisses clowns, but their attention to Beck signifies that they know he only wears clown makeup and that there is a serious, effective person beneath it. Otherwise, you would not hear a peep about him from any one at the Huffington Post. They want to kill him with ridicule as they would like to do to Sarah Palin. But it is not working.

You probably know that he has written several serious books, which have sold very well. Had he not attracted attention with his antics on TV, no one would have bought them because they would have had no idea who he was.

So I'll specify that he is crazy -- like a fox (no pun intended).

:)