1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Glenn Beck admits he doesn't check facts.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by CowboyMcCoy, Aug 29, 2009.

1. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
  2. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The more anti Beck threads I see,the more I know he is right.
    Hint:the OPs.

Just so you know....
    The message is spot on.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,741 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Am the only one who heard him say 'of course I do" ?
    Apparently the author didn't...
  4. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I have no problem with that if he considers himeself an entertainer the left should have as much of an issue with him as they do will Bill Maher, now Keith Olbermann is in a different boat.
  5. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,014 Messages
    272 Likes Received
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

5,725 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Also, if he says anything against the White House, he gets a call. So he may not personally check the facts, but someone does. Just saying.
  7. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,573 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    sounds to me like he admits to lying about the story and even apologizes to
    barbara walters for it.

i now feel shame because i have watched 8 minutes of the view.
  8. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,163 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Beck doesn't check facts? Now there's a shocker!!!
  9. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man there's something seriously wrong with people.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,482 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    I first watched this clip months ago. It may be the most contrived criticism I've ever seen.

I rarely watch Beck -- in fact, you can probably count on one hand the number of times I've watched his show in its entirety -- but he was obviously doing a bit. Imagine holding Keith Olbermann to a literal interpretation of his Worst Person in the World segment; it's that absurd.
  11. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
  12. jwhardin

jwhardin Member

412 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Barbara wahwah, asked him if he checked his facts, he said "of course I do". The only thing I saw and heard was two mouths a flapping, not giving him a word in edgewise, with Beck its lying, with Obama, Biden and Pelosi it's misspoke.
  13. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,573 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    man i wish i had found this before i spent 8 long minutes watching all of these idiots...here is a transcript of the video.

beck does at the end say he checks facts.
    he also admits he mispoke (lied) about who began the exchange but tries downplaying it by saying its what pelosi does.
    amazingly i am still sure people will disagree on what was said or not said.
    oh well

Glenn Beck had a rather uncomfortable moment on “The View” when confronted by Barbara Walters[IMG] and Whoopi Goldberg. See the video of Glenn Beck on “The View[IMG]” below.​
    The ladies were quite upset over Glenn Beck[IMG] speaking of his encounter with them on the Amtrak train on their way to the White House[IMG] Correspondent’s Association Dinner.​
    The beginning of the interview had Barbara Walters calling out Beck on the Amtrak story. Whoopi Goldberg was obviously pissed, and Joy Behar smiled and Glenn Beck squirmed under pressure. But Elizabeth Hasselbeck actually kept quiet.​
    Whoopi said, “The following Monday, I got this link from somebody, sent to me. Really pissed me off because I would… I don’t want to just say, ‘Glenn Beck, you lied.’ But let’s take a look.”​
    They played video of Beck doing his radio show telling about the Amtrak scenario. Glenn Beck even apologized to Walters.​
    Transcript​
    GLENN BECK: Mischaracterization, mischaracterization of you, Ms. Walters. I’m sorry for the bad…​
    Walters said that Beck approached them and that she was very nice and polite to him. Beck agreed.​
    JOY BEHAR: Why did you lie about that?​
    BECK: Why did I lie about that?​
    BEHAR: Yeah, why did you say she came over?​
    BECK: I don’t know. I came over.​
    BEHAR: So you just had a brain fart, or what?​
    BECK: Yeah, I guess so. Yeah.​
    WHOOPI GOLDBERG[IMG]: So Steve Kroft, I wanted to make sure before I brought this up to you. We didn’t reserve our seats. I don’t know… Wait, let me just…​
    [Crosstalk]​
    BECK: You’re accusing me of lying. Let me tell you what…​
    GOLDBERG: You did lie! What do you mean I’m accusing you?​
    BECK: I’m sorry.​
    GOLDBERG: You sat there and you were a lying sack of dog mess. Come on, Glenn. You lied.​
    BECK: I’m sorry that I…​
    GOLDBERG: You know what, Glenn? Here’s the thing that was true: I was not particularly happy to see you because I watch your show…​
    BECK: You don’t like me.​
    GOLDBERG: No, I don’t like your views. I don’t know you, OK? I don’t like your views, OK? There’s a lot of people that I don’t like whose views that I don’t agree with.​
    BECK: True.​
    GOLDBERG: That’s OK. But for you to make something up like that, and drag… Wait a minute… and drag us in, and put it as though we…​
    BECK: I was told by the Amtrak… and I have other people that were with me.​
    GOLDBERG: That’s not what you said.​
    BECK: I was told by the Amtrak people that those were going to be reserved, and I would be…​
    GOLDBERG: You dragged us into it, and it was a lie.​
    BECK: Excuse me. I would be so excited when I find out who’s sitting there.​
    GOLDBERG: It was a lie.​
    BARBARA WALTERS: Why didn’t you bother, as a reporter, who goes on to check? As it happened, Whoopi and I had a hard time finding seats. We finally did at the end of the car. Steve Kroft…​
    BECK: So you’re saying…​
    WALTERS: Wait. And you saw him come in. There were no seats for Steve. He and his wife were separated. You are an investigative reporter.​
    BECK: NO, I’m not.​
    WALTERS: You’re a reporter.​
    BECK: No, I am not.​
    WALTERS: So you check no facts at all, right?​
    BECK: No, ma’am. I am commentator. I am a commentator. I commentate on life.​
    WALTERS: As a commentator, do you ever check your facts?​
    GOLDBERG: But you were wrong here. And here’s why it pissed me off, here’s why it pissed me off more than anything: Because regardless of that, when I got off that train, and your big man was standing there, I had a good moment with you. And I thought, ‘OK, this is all right.’ When I saw this (referring to the clip) and what went on to it, I thought, ‘Why would you drag me into it?’ But number one, why would you say that she called you over with that voice? ‘Come over here.’ And then say, I mean, it’s there.​
    BECK: Do you, do you not think, that I mean, I mean… did you not think that I knew this was coming? Did you not think I knew this was coming? I have no problem defending… I have no problem…​
    GOLDBERG: I don’t care if you knew what it was. Why did you lie, Glenn? Why did you try to make some stuff up about Barbara and I? That’s what I’m trying to find out.​
    BECK: I’m sorry that I, to use Nancy Pelosi’s words, ‘misspoke’ about being, you calling me over. You did not call me over. I went over….​
    WALTERS: Now, let me just ask you something else, because we did invite you on because you are a very hot talent. And you say you are a commentator, and we all have different points… Bill O’Reilly’s on with us. We don’t agree. We do agree. We love him, etc. But when you say you’re a commentator, you never check any facts that you are giving out to the public?​
    BECK: Ma’am, I will tell you. I will show the people that were with me. I was traveling with three other people.​
    WALTERS: No, I’m talking about in general. I’m talking about moving along.​
    BECK: Of course I do.​
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,176 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    poor cowboy he tries so hard.
  15. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You lied. He said he does check his facts.

More lies about someone pointing out the inadequacies of the current administration.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,586 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Benny? Really? What a shock!
  17. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,558 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I read the title of this thread and I said to myself "wow... these people are almost as obsessed with Glenn Beck as they are with Sarah Palin..."

And then I clicked on the thread to see CowboyMcCoy incorporated both of those dastardly figures into his post. Well done..!! :D
  18. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking, too.
  19. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,741 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Seems to me you were thinking he failed to check his facts and wouldn't answer the question, which he did answer.

Embellishing that inane story about Walters and Whoopie is probably the biggest mistake that clown made, evidenced in that entire segment, which didn't seem to be the topic, based on the lame article with it and the thread title.

People are stretching way to far to find validation for their politics.

Really, Walters? Whoopie? Whoopie?!? Beck? This country is a mess and people are so unaware, they continue arguing over losers like this.

[IMG]
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No it wasn't. Your post title is...

Glenn Beck admits he doesn't check facts.

Seems like you don't care too much for facts.