1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Glenn Tore a New One?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by JSP21, Aug 14, 2006.

1. JSP21

JSP21 Redneck Daddy

194 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Just listening to 1310 The Ticket. There saying that Parcells is yelling and tearing into Terry Glenn like none other. They've never seen Parcells this upset. Pretty funny how there trying to whisper on the radio and stuff, haha.
  2. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,482 Messages
    1,986 Likes Received
    103.3 is saying the same thing...
  3. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,853 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    About what?
  4. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What did Glenn do to get BP upset? Are blisters only reserved for women?
  5. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
    but seriously what was Parcells upset about???
  6. 31smackdown

31smackdown Active Member

1,017 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    How did he manage that one?..

Patrick Crayton, Terry Glenn, Bobby Carpenter and Ryan Fowler are also missing practice. Crayton could out for as long as four weeks with a high right ankle sprain. Glenn, Carpenter and Fowler should all return by tomorrow.
  7. JSP21

JSP21 Redneck Daddy

194 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Probably because he isn't practicing, but you never know.

I'm sure Parcells is getting frustrated with his receiving unit right now.
  8. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I love Parcells.. I think he is a genius.. But I do think that he rushes players back from injury too quickly.. I agree that some players may take advantage, but most of these guys want to be out there playing and not lose their jobs.. the risk is bigger than the reward in his thinking, in my opinion.. TO, for all his antics and his big mouth, has always been known as a hard worker and a big practice guy.. and Glenn got hurt the other night and is also dealing with blisters.. he really just might need the day off to heal..
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Parcells is old-school
  10. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's probably some choreographed display to get the attention of some of the younger guys (and maybe Owens, too).

They probably worked on the script this morning.

Terry: "OK, but please don't call me 'she' again."
  11. Kittymama

Kittymama Benched

2,170 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm thinking that may be it. Simms has talked about how Parcells would go up to him before practices & tell him that he was gonna get chewed out that day, as a message to the rest of the team. If Terry is pedalling anywhere in the vicinity of TO in the Tour de Oxnard, Parcells very likely told "her" before practice that "she'd" be hearing from him--as a way of getting a message to TO that he could soon be in the line of fire. (And/or Parcells is yelling something like "You need to get your a** in there & practice if you think you want to be starting any time soon," again as a way of sending a message to TO.)
  12. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,268 Messages
    2,701 Likes Received
    :lmao2: . You are just a funny guy Chief. Keep us grounded in reality.
  13. jobberone

35,268 Messages
    2,701 Likes Received
    I don't understand what he is upset about either unless he's mad about his getting blisters. That I don't understand myself.
  14. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,918 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    If he is yelling at Glenn, it is because Glenn understands that he's really yelling at others through Glenn. Vets who you've got a good relationship with can be good punching bags.

Phil Jackson wrote in his first book that he used Horace Grant for this purpose all the time.
  15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Sending a message to T.O. perhaps? I doubt it - but I'm sure the Dallas media will make this a huge ordeal.
  16. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,492 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  17. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,995 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    i understand this, i see where someone would do it - but i *hate* those types of "lies" to produce head games. say what you mean and stand by it. it's all this false yelling and secondary BS that makes people keep trying to 2nd guess parcells.

he seems to encourage it.
  18. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,226 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    geeze...or maybe he's yelling because he's mad??? Maybe he's tired of Glenn milking some freakin' blisters to sit out of training camp practices and drills and Parcells sees that his WR corps is not working towards being ready to hit on all cylinders by opening day.

I'm quite sure Parcells would rather see Glenn, Crayton, and T.O. miss some preseason games than miss weeks of practicing.
  19. jobberone

35,268 Messages
    2,701 Likes Received
    Good thought but that would be wasted on TO who doesn't have a clue.
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    SHE is in the dog house.....