1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Go Aggies!

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Diogenes, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Except about 6 game stretch when an unknown assistant coach named sumlin took over for a fired Babers but it was to late for RC at that point
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.
  3. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

752 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Opps on Gene Stallings. :eek:
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,106 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I hear ya. My dad lives there & is a Coog fan. He needed medication when Sumlin left.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,467 Messages
    1,974 Likes Received
    Stallings is alive and well... He was on GAC this week and openly admitted he would be rooting for the Aggies. He coached at Bama, but he played and coached for A&M, plus was on their board of regents for years.

He was one of the main proponents of moving to the SEC, too.

Dude still has the voice of God, too. With a southern accent. :)
  6. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You know I went into today thinking, well actually saying, "there are no good games in college football today. Then A&M says hello.

This is why I love sports.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    What a shame Joeckel, Matthews, and Moore are all gonna head off to the NFL a year early. Aggies could have gone a long way in 2013.
  8. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Where is 30yardslant? Figured he would be the happiest guy here.

Also Mr. Bayloristhebestuniversityever! guy who did nothing but call out A&M with every post he made.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He was perma banned during the Chicago game.
  10. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Ah gotcha. Slant I'm assuming. Yeah I don't come around much, tough to keep up with who comes and goes.
  11. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,946 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    he was never going to watch the Cowboys again every time they got behind in the first quarter. :laugh2:
  12. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    it was a great win by the aggies, and i think it proves that the SEC isnt as bad *** as everyone likes to make it out to be. yes, they are the best in the land, but its not like they are the epl and everyone else is the MLS. Like ive been saying all along, these things are cyclical and eventually another league will become the best in the land. the big 12 is a great candidate to do that. i also believe the big 10 has bottomed out this season and will be great again in a few years. only time will tell tho. but one thing i did say that id like to retract and apologize for is my previous thought that TAMU would struggle in the SEC. While manziel is awesome, i think all the credit for that should go to Sumlin, he is doing an amazing job, and they will give UT a run for their money for top recruits in the state going forward!
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    I am thinking more like this is a very good Aggie team that I dont think too many teams want any part of. They are actually very close to undefeated and I think they beat either Florida or LSU on a nuetral field right now.
  14. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    im thinking they dont play explosive offenses like they did last year, so its harder to choke games like they did last year. its like in the nfl, the niners are a great team, but if they are down 2 touchdowns they are probably going to lose. if you have the mediocre lions or saints down by 2 touchdowns, they could very easily erase that margin.
  15. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,324 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
    Are they busy hammering-on another National Championship plaque on that wall because of last night too?
  16. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  17. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,946 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    it really sucks that RG3 and Manzeil weren't good enough to play at Texas.
  18. MC KAos

7,455 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    And Andrew luck, and desean Jackson, and the list goes on and on! :bang2: :banghead: :bang2: :banghead: :bang2:
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,799 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Matt Hayes ‏@Matt_HayesSN
    Still don't think Fiesta passes up chance at Notre Dame-LSU game just for Johnny Magic. As tempting as it would be.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite