1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Goalline Blitz...Awesome Browser Football game... who wants to starts a team? *Merge*

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Aikman2Irvin, Mar 19, 2008.

1. big_n_rich

big_n_rich New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey all the Greek Fire in Eastern Europe Pro could still use a couple CB's and a LB if any are floating around.
  2. Capt.Gut

Capt.Gut Member

482 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,118 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Hey guys, im the owner for Hands O'Hoolihan. just wanted to let you know I am having big time log in issues right now and, suprise, the Blitz guys arent hearin it. Som until further notice I cant make any adjustments.
  4. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,432 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    just won 23-0.

looks like it might be a rough year for INTS judging on Matt Owen have 0 in preseason and all the teams seem to be heavily run based.
  5. Capt.Gut

Capt.Gut Member

482 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Another win today. Ugly, but a win.
  6. WDN

WDN Benched

426 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just wondering about ticket and concession pricing. What is the norm? Expected price or higher than expected price?
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    Zoneboys:

From management........

Please do not send along trade inquiries or requests for releases in-season.

In season moves hurt our chemistry which reduces our chances of winning.

We try to be fair:

Fair I consider this:
    Looking into game mechanics insuring guys get playing time and we remain competitive as a team.
    Offering fair pay and contracts that include no trade clauses so you are never worried about being ninja traded like so many owners do.
    Working with you to accommodate you by trading you for fair value.
    Always promoting you for Pro Bowl or other considerations when you are anywhere near that area in performance.
    Letting you know about changes to management or ownership before, during and after they occur.

What I will not do is this:
    Turn this into a full time job massaging egos. This is a game.
    Release you on a whim because you found a boyfriend on another team.
    Offer to trade you 5 days into a contract for 5 foam fingers.
    Hurt all the guys who play from this forum so one guy can be happy.

Before I offer an outright release to someone who I think is being a jerk I will simply bury them on the depth chart and wait on their contract to expire while I attempt to sign a free agent replacement.

I am not just an owner. I have about 5 or 6 players all playing on various teams and many are backups or are on teams still struggling to build a roster. I have never asked for a release because that to me is being a little girl. I wont die waiting out a contract or being a backup so I am cool with that. My personal rule of thumb is that I do not boost my deep backups but will boost all other guys and I do not ask for owners to hurt the teams to accommodate me.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    i think most people are going slightly higher than expected.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    We have a solid roster but could use a FB and another LB and a guard and free safety.
  10. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    What do you think of our new graphics hotness, fellas?
  11. Capt.Gut

Capt.Gut Member

482 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What are you talking about?
  12. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
  13. Capt.Gut

Capt.Gut Member

482 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think I maybe have an eye problem after trying to read the Defenders part on your new logo.
  14. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,538 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  15. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    zoneboys.

we have a friendly scrimmage scheduled for 15:00 on 8/16 against the washington bullets.

we can schedule one more friendly without costing flex points so let me know if we want to put that together.
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    Any more interest in this???

My access to the game from work is blocked for good now....

Any players interested in joining please post here. We will likely do some sort of restructuring.

thanks!!!
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    ZoneBoys are gearing up for the next season.

We have a few holes in the roster that need address plus we are interested in starting to develop furture starters this season...either on our roster or with one of the other farm teams.
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,654 Messages
    463 Likes Received
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    I have a level 9 FB that is built to do nothing but block, and then block some more. He is on a developmental team still so looking for a home where he can pave roads for a running back. He should not get carries, lol. All his points are into blocking.
  20. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Jterrell, I sent you a PM on the site. Just checking to see if you want to re-sign to be the starter with the Defenders since our current center is seeking a trade.