1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good Morning - You Wanna Get Ready? Jimmy's Pre-Game Speech

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DandyDon1722, Dec 30, 2012.

1. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,850 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    I'm in LA and was out late because I'm nervous so I'm posting this as a wake up greeting to all of you.

I came home to a replay of "Jimmy Johnson A Football Life" on the NFL Network and he had me jumping out of my chair. He was giving a speech to players and coaches of the U. He was yelling and working the room like he does so well -- allow me to insert the Redskins in his speech...

"I can't wait! I've been in this room before and I know what you're feeling and I'm telling you should want to play them! I looked at the schedule and I couldn't wait to play the Giants and Eagles and today we got Washington and we're gonna kick their ***! I can't wait! That's why you play! That's why you're here! Scared men never win! We're gonna kick their ***!

God do I love Jimmy! That's the way I feel now. I'm not nervous anymore. Screw the past, it has no bearing on the today. Today is what we can control and I feel great about it!
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Good stuff! I'm excited.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,702 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Jimmy had motivational skills out of this world. He was also good at acquiring the talent to achieve what he wanted. If Garrett can lead the walking wounded to victory tonight, we will have to give him credit for motivational skills. Win or lose, he has done a good job under the circumstances.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,598 Messages
    3,486 Likes Received
    imagine if jimmy and michael were invited to give the pre-game speech tonight.
  5. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,702 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I don't think that would help because their so far removed from the team. At least Johnson is. It would certainly rile up us fans though.
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    It is windy in dc rt now at 22 mph gusts therefore I am glad this gm was moved to 820 local as the wind dies down to 8 mph gusts. Romo should b able to execute the game plan fully. I am really excited also we r leaving soon for the stadium to tailgate go cowboys.

We r winning the NFC east tonight zones so get ur popcorn and playoff tickets ready!