1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Good vs. Bad Teams - D Line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by joe_cowboy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was watching the Pats and Oakland Thursday, and noticed that the Pats would get pressure with just 3 rushers. The Raiders did not get the same pressure.

The Cowboys have had a sub par rush even with more than 3 people. Why can some teams (such as the Pats) get pressure with 3, while other teams like the Boys can't?

Is it coaching, talent, scheme, poor O-line for the other team, or a combination of these?

I believe this is a big part of teams winning in the 4th...no pressure, and another team can come back on you, pressure, and they seem to be stifled.

On that note, I think the Cowboys D line will be much improved this year, and the depth and rotation will also help drastically! I can see 10-6 or better!
  2. Jersey

Jersey Member

478 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Rotation, rotation, rotation.
  3. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

agree, agree, agree..... :D
  4. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is rotation the reason that the Pats get pressure with 3 rushing? From what I saw Thursday (just live, no replays), was stunts and talent. But is it really talent, or is it technique?
  5. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would say both....
  6. Jersey

Jersey Member

478 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course Talent is a major factor. But when you are deep and talented you become much more effective. That's what NE has in their 3-4, and what our 90's teams had in their 4-3. Talent and rotation in a lethal combo.
  7. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you think we have that now? Seems like the rooks are pretty good, even the undrafted ones!
  8. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,438 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    talent, talent, talent

back in the doomsday and doomsday II we hardly rotated and yet applied constant pressure with 4 linemen
  9. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,196 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    I also noticed that the Pats offensive line gets away with blatant holdings, so it makes the Raiders D-Line look worse than it actually is. And I'm not the only one who noticed this.
  10. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    someone holds on every play of every game i promise you, they can't call it every time and w/ the patriots they will call it even less because they are respected
  11. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,438 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    NFL darlings. those zebras do earn extra cash for sure.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    The Pats have three first rounders on their line... And Seymour is one of the better players in the entire league.

I think that's the secret. :)