1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Good vs. Bad Teams - D Line

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by joe_cowboy, Sep 10, 2005.

1. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was watching the Pats and Oakland Thursday, and noticed that the Pats would get pressure with just 3 rushers. The Raiders did not get the same pressure.

The Cowboys have had a sub par rush even with more than 3 people. Why can some teams (such as the Pats) get pressure with 3, while other teams like the Boys can't?

Is it coaching, talent, scheme, poor O-line for the other team, or a combination of these?

I believe this is a big part of teams winning in the 4th...no pressure, and another team can come back on you, pressure, and they seem to be stifled.

On that note, I think the Cowboys D line will be much improved this year, and the depth and rotation will also help drastically! I can see 10-6 or better!

2. Jersey

Jersey Member

478 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Rotation, rotation, rotation.

3. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    2 Likes Received

agree, agree, agree..... :D

4. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is rotation the reason that the Pats get pressure with 3 rushing? From what I saw Thursday (just live, no replays), was stunts and talent. But is it really talent, or is it technique?

5. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I would say both....

6. Jersey

Jersey Member

478 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course Talent is a major factor. But when you are deep and talented you become much more effective. That's what NE has in their 3-4, and what our 90's teams had in their 4-3. Talent and rotation in a lethal combo.

7. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you think we have that now? Seems like the rooks are pretty good, even the undrafted ones!

8. silver

silver Well-Known Member

6,266 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    talent, talent, talent

back in the doomsday and doomsday II we hardly rotated and yet applied constant pressure with 4 linemen

9. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

9,751 Messages
    2,335 Likes Received
    I also noticed that the Pats offensive line gets away with blatant holdings, so it makes the Raiders D-Line look worse than it actually is. And I'm not the only one who noticed this.

10. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    someone holds on every play of every game i promise you, they can't call it every time and w/ the patriots they will call it even less because they are respected

11. silver

silver Well-Known Member

6,266 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    NFL darlings. those zebras do earn extra cash for sure.

12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,894 Likes Received
    The Pats have three first rounders on their line... And Seymour is one of the better players in the entire league.

I think that's the secret. :)