1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Google

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, May 21, 2010.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,275 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    Play the logo.

Actually a game.

Those guys at google are just goofballs. To be so lucky as to have a job with Google. They just **** around and get paid for it. Google was rated as the top company to work for in america a while back because of all the perks they give their employees. Unreal some of the stuff they give those nerds.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I saw that earlier. Pretty cool.
  3. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, google is the place to be if you are a highly talented IT professional and want to work with cutting edge technology.

I just went over to Google.com and was playing the logo. As a Software Developer myself, it just amazes me at all the innovated products they put out.

Since I started using chrome, I never go to Google.com anymore because the url navigation bar can also be used for search.
  4. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't that the case with all web browsers?
  5. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, Web Browsers like Firefox and IE allow you to use the url bar as search but unlike Chrome, those browsers also have a textbox next to the url bar for searching.
  6. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,578 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Awesome!
  7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,419 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I absolutely love Chrome for its speed and very well designed user interface. I love not having to click on a separate search box to search from the browser like you mentioned. I used to like FireFox until it got big and bulky.

Maybe one day internet companies will realize that clean and simple interfaces, whether in applications or on web sites, are much more appealing to most users.

-Reality
  8. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Google cut its teeth on making products that were very simplistic but very innovative.

And as you said, Chrome is just so much faster then Firefox and IE.

I still use Firefox for the 'noscript' plugin when I go to 'unfamiliar' sites. But for everything else, I use Chrome.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Opera and Firefox have had that for a long time. I think IE too, but I haven't used IE in close to 10 years.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Chrome is nice, but it's limited in what it can do at this point. It has had a few stability issues to boot. I have a Nexus One Android phone and I don't even use Chrome on it. I use xScope.

Many of our developers use Chrome here (they all run Linux), but it has even more issues on Linux. Nobody on Windows does cause it's lack of support for some of the sites we use in our industry.
  11. Clutch

Clutch New Member

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What kind of money is rolling around in Google now a days? Is it a multi-billion dollar organization yet?