1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Grade for Free Agent and Draft so far

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rwalters31, Apr 28, 2012.

1. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

473 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Free agent grade is B and the Draft though 3 rounds is C+. As I have this so far either RG thinks that Dallas already has players good enough and the draft fills backup rolls. This is not the draft I had in mind and does not put us in the Gaints league. Looks to me as we have a five year plan in mind.

Granted there are a few more rounds to go and these will be interesting, but if they are not plug and play then we drafted completely backup roll players.:eek:
  2. cdewsxzaq

cdewsxzaq Member

127 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah, Claiborne will be riding pine for years to come. Good thing we already had 3 CBs on the team that are better than the top defender in the 2012 draft...

...I hope that sounds as stupid to you as it does to me.
  3. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

787 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Totally.... I hate them Gaints!!!...Wait you make zero sense...
  4. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,203 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    What about this draft says "back-ups"? I mean, you're free to hate it if you want to, but it's pretty obvious they're drafting for starters. Claiborne starts, and honestly defensive end is probably one of the positions on this team where a guy taken in the third has a good chance to play a lot.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think would have been a starter out of this draft if the guys they've picked so far don't count?
  5. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

473 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    The first round pick is injuried and probably will be a force at some time as a CB. Jenkens was the next coming of Deon. How has that worked? Ok, I believe there is a chance that our new CB will not be there for at less game one. The DE will be a backup to the existing ones. I look at what NE, Pittsbough, and others did and I
    feel like the scouting draft team let us down.:confused:
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Free agency - A+

Draft - A+

This team has been upgraded tremendously. Off-seasons like this don't come around often. Now let's get our starting center for the next 10 years tomorrow.
  7. poost

poost Active Member

683 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Tomorrow will be the true measure of how good this draft is. With two first picks in the 4th your C+ can very well turn into a A- with someone like Philip Blake/Ben Jones and Iloka or another safety.
  8. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,171 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Not sure how you can give free agency an A+ when we picked up players like Bernadeau and Livings who we have no idea will improve the offensive line.

The Carr signing was great. The Connor signing was at least very good. The Orton signing was very good. The Vickers signing was great. The Pool signing was suspect. And the lineman signings are suspect.

Maybe it will turn out to be an A+, but I just can't see any reason to give it that yet.

The first two days of the draft deserve a high grade considering we got the best defensive player for a bargain, then potentially bolstered the pass rush with the pick we had left, but I reserve grading it ... because cornerback wasn't our greatest need and the offensive linemen don't work out the house will come tumbling down.
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I feel your grammar and spelling instructors let you down.

Other than that, I don't see a thing worthy of addressing in your entire post. Pure rubbish.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,439 Likes Received
    The offseason's been a solid A in my book. People keep saying we're not one player away from a Superbowl. I don't know about that one way or another, but we were less than one player away from beating the Giants, and we've improved across the board at our areas of most significant weakness. That's the good news. The bad news is, so did the Giants. And the Eagles. Should be an awesome season next year.
  11. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,465 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    An A for upgrading the defense, a D for going cheap on the OL and losing Robinson. The D can be changed to an A if they actually manage to turn that rag tag bunch into a real OL.
  12. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,193 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Offseason is definately an A. We got younger and improved every significant area of concern. We have an incredible amount of talent on defense right now; we could use an infusion of talent on the defensive line but hopefully Crawford will get in on some nickel packages and be a diamond in the rough for us. Our pass defense is going to be absolutely insane with the athleticism at ILB and corner.

I actually have a bet with my roommate that the improved pass defense will lead to Spencer getting at least 8 sacks. The over/under was 7.5.

The only thing that will make this offseason better is getting a 4th round talent on the OL to provide some more competition. That is literally, what i feel, our lone weakness right now.
  13. jswalker1981

jswalker1981 Fact > Your Opinion

2,616 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao: Who ever said that?!? A jersey number doesn't automatically make you great.
  14. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

473 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Sorry about the grammar and spelling as it was very early in the morning when I posted. Now about the rubbish, I think you will find most of the sports analysis will have me very close to theirs. I'm usual very close. But you will have to look at the ready to play NFL football of the talent, work to get them mentally ready to play Dallas football, and their physical condition going into the regulator season. Now, is this rubbish or insightful?:)
  15. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,193 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    What in the world are you talking about?
  16. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Free Agency: B-/B
    Draft (so far): A-
  17. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Is it still early in the morning where you are? Please try again at 2:00 p.m.
  18. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    FA: A+ for quantity, Incomplete for quality
    Draft: a very tentative and premature A.
  19. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I was happy with free agency...not sure we could have done better considering funds. I am thrilled with draft so far.

B+ conservatively, waiting to see how all the free agents perform.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,518 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    free agency: B
    starters: vickers, carr, bern, livings, connor, pool
    each player is an upgrade over 2010.
    unaddressed losses: robinson, martybtv

Good haul with potential to be great.
    Handled areas of weakness quite well.
    Would still like to see another veteran player or two after the draft.
    If we do get the 10 mil back that will be nice. Also if we can extend Spencer and lower his cap hit.

draft: A-
    claiborne: day 1 stud CB. best defensive player in this draft. big-time playmaker. takes away any WR in the NFCE.
    crawford: prototypical giants type pass rusher. big but still well more athletic than any OL. carries 280 naturally. excellent value in a ryan flex defense. gives us a SDE if we want to run more 4-3. good production yet still even more upside. really like the pick. Roster-wise swapping Crawford for Coleman is a boon on 3rd down and a huge upside plus.

You'd love to have gotten 3 players out of the first two days but the two guys you got are very good fits and really upgrades. Better strength and explosion numbers than we have along our dl currently. Better agility numbers than Hatcher but similar speed and strength.

One of the under-discussed points about Claiborne is this. You don't want to waste 50 mil on Carr and have teams target the other WRs every play but still torch you. You expect that 2nd CB to get targeted and Carr and Claiborne are both good enough to make teams pay. Getting two guys this good makes them both better. Jenkins is a good cover guy who makes plays. Who knows if he is healthy but if he is good luck just beating up on him in the passing game.

Eli, Vick, RG3? CAN'T WAITTTTTT