1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Graziano NFCE Chat - 02/05/13 *Cowboys Blurbs and a little more*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 6, 2013.

1. dstone2962

dstone2962 Member

80 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    This team is so aimless and stupid. They have no idea what they're doing now or where they're going to be a year from now. It's very comical.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,567 Messages
    5,293 Likes Received
    Are we giving out an award for Most Melodramatic again? Because I'll just throw myself off a cliff if I can't win that.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,456 Messages
    2,141 Likes Received
    Being that FA is before the draft, couldn't Dallas sign an OL and address DE in the draft, giving them the lost depth and flexibility to some extent?

Spencer is not under contract and neither is the hypothetical OL. Sign one draft the other, I'm not sure you can make an argument either way for one needing to be acquired through FA and one needing to be acquired through the draft based on the flexibility or depth.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,512 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    I don't know if I would agree with this or not but lets just, for the sake of discussion, say that what you write here is true. I understand what you are saying but the question to me, especially with Johnson, is if the Cowboys would feel the same way in a year or two? Would OU feel the same way in 4 years time, once Johnson has had a chance to benefit from pro coaching and pro developmental regiments? That, to me, is the real comparison where Johnson is concerned.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,285 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    wow people have poor reading comprehension.
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,958 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    I disagree with Dan on this one because of 1) the success of other smaller DEs in the league and 2) the wear and tear on Ware at linebacker. Notice that our top two linebackers were hurt this season trying to make plays "in space" and Ware injured his shoulder making a tackle downfield. Defensive and offensive linemen get hurt more often when someone falls on them in close quarters. I don't think the physical toll of taking on blockers will be significantly different than it has been since he took on a tackle and help blocking on almost every play when he didn't drop into coverage.

I do agree that his body is starting to break down some from the wear and tear, though, and that is likely to continue whether he's at linebacker or DE.