1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Great site devoted to Tom Landry

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Juke99, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  2. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received

Yep...I always had a certain sense of calm when watching Landry...

He said, with regard to emotion, that teams like Green Bay HAD to play with alot of emotion because they only had a few dozen plays in the playbook, so it was important for the guys to get revved up...

But his teams had all kinds of pre-snap reads, motion, etc...and he felt that if they saw him all hyped up, they'd get the same way and it would distract from their concentration...
  4. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There was something calming about Landry.

Once you saw that hat on the sidelines, all nervousness would ebb. When Trick and I went to the Tex Schramm rind of honor game last year, the one thing that still stands out is how close I was to Tom Landrys name on the wall... It was right over our shoulders... felt a bit like he was there watching over the team and making sure they did well... And they did... beat up on the Redskins that day... :D
  5. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    As an aside, ya just can't beat black and white photography...what a great shot.
  6. CowboyPrincess

CowboyPrincess Priceless

4,610 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah... he looks so intense in that shot.

My new Cowboys Tee that I got today has the same exact look of that warm-up jacket in the pic. I thought it had a vintage look to it... guess I was right...