1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Great site to look to if youre concerned about lies

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by locked&loaded, Aug 30, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    You can never eliminate old government plans without the wrath of the current users ascending on you. So they just add more and more plans. It is just how they work. I think the opposition to Obama care is missing a great marketing opportunity with the video of Barry saying he is going to take away $200 billion to care for our senior citizens to funnel into his plan. No better way to enrage some older folks than to tell them you are gutting the funding for their current health care.
  2. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,367 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Are you referring to this:

"Congress plans to pay for health care reform by cutting $500 billion from Medicare." The ad doesn’t mention that the $500 billion is a gross figure that counts only proposed cuts while ignoring any increases, including a big increase the bill proposes in projected payments to doctors. The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has estimated that the House bill would result in "savings" of $219 billion after all increases and decreases are netted out.

Because if so, all you had to do was keep reading.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    we're falling behind? is this falling behind countries who are failing in the public option?

so let me ask you - how are you going to pay for this "need"?
    is it really insurance that's the issue, or is it deeper and people just wanna band aid stuff up?
    you say ALL the people, but that's not what obama is after - he's got people in power for this who feels it's ok for an old person to die if it makes "the collective" stronger.

so i'll ask again - give me your views on *a* public option and do you agree or disagree with obama on what he's trying to do?
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    please, don't use numbers when they suit you. if you're going to use what obama says are out there for numbers, tell me why he misread how bad the economy was (by his own admission, not me putting words in his mouth) and it will take longer.

tell me where the "no new taxes for those making less than $250k" died along the way?

so until you can provide a total picture with numbers, stop the slicing. i can do that too and it's a very boring game.
  5. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Anger is a Gift

3,367 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    [IMG] I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU A..... ahhhh forget it.

Seriously though, what are you even talking about? The numbers (and the quotes) I took were a.) out of the article in question, b.) were quoted from statements made in the ad the article is disputing and c.) from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, and directly dispute the comment JBond made. So which one of those is "what Obama says are out there for numbers"?