1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Greg Jennings Available At The Trade Deadline?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Gonhoz, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Gonhoz

Gonhoz Member

73 Messages
    5 Likes Received
  2. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

3,997 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Interesting. It's amazing how many threats they have on offense.... Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Cobb, Driver, Finley, Kuhn, Benson... etc etc. Surprised Jennings is on the block before someone like James Jones though.
  3. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be stunned if they did that. He's their best reciever/playmaker, he's one of the best in the league, and Rodgers loves him. Can't imagine he'd be very pleased if the Packers traded Jennings.
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,288 Messages
    138 Likes Received

I think it has more to do with money. If he walks at the end of the season, they get nothing, but if someone like Miami gives them a draft picks, it might be worth it.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    Well he's up for a new contract and if the Packers don't feel like they can resign him to a deal that makes sense for them then I could understand why they might move him.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would he walk? He just won a Super Bowl there not too long ago and from what I can tell he loves it there. I see no reason for him to leave unless they make him take a drastic payout which I don't see happening.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    If Miami was smart they would offer a 2nd. They now have two after trading Davis to Indy.

He is not getting Fitz or Jackson money in GB. Nelson is #1, they have Jones, Cobb and Driver. They can still win without Jennings.
  8. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,764 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    It would be stupid for GB to trade the best WR on their team IMO. Its not like their offense showed much in week one. Without that punt return TD (which should have been called back on a penalty) they would have been embarrassed by the 49ers. And yes I think Jennings is better than Nelson.

EDIT: Then again... he is injured and may not play tonight (not sure on that though)... if they could get a first or second rounder it may be worth it. I think their best bet is to hold on to him though. He can is clearly a very good WR.
  9. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,288 Messages
    138 Likes Received

Did you not read the article?
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,818 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    Very interesting. I'd be surprised to see him go from there but I agree with Risen it could make serious business sense on Greenbay's part.

If they're looking ahead here and believe that they really aren't going to be able to re-sign him then it only makes sense to try and get something for him now. That offense is explosive even without him because Rodgers has so many dang weapons to work with.
  11. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

Jennings is going no where.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,302 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    I hope he doesn't land in Washington if they trade him.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,532 Messages
    808 Likes Received
    What draft picks do Washington have left that they could offer?