1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

GTA V first trailer

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Ren, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    [youtube]QkkoHAzjnUs&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Looks like San Andreas again
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm guessing you still get health back by picking up hookers and get your cash back by running them over afterwards? :lmao2:
  3. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    I always shot them in the back of the head, but either way works :laugh2:
  4. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm a GTA geek so I'm definitively looking forward to this. I'm interested to see the updated Vegas city on this game too.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I am a GTA die hard as well. I'm kind of shocked they went back to California so soon. I was hoping to see a return to Vice City with an updated, more modern remake version of Miami like they did with Liberty City and New York. I'm definitely getting GTA V though.
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    My method was to beat them with brass knuckles, but that's just me..:laugh2:

Haha. I can't wait for this to come out. Fun times.
  7. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm interested....but that trailer sucked.
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received

Speaking of Vice City, is it just me or does that voice sound an awful lot like Tommy Vercetti (Ray Liotta) from Vice city?

At that person at 0:40 in the trailer kinda looks like an older version of him
  9. Alumni2k11

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://botchweed.com/game-news/grand-theft-auto-5-full-details-leaked/

"According to the person behind this information they have an NDA with Rockstar which they have obviously decided to violate. Again this is rumor although could prove to be true in the future. Some of these bullet points might be considered to be spoilers. The quote below is SIC.

The protagonist is Hispanic and his name is Adrian

It takes place in San Andreas in the year 2012. The Mayan end of the world thing is parodied a lot because of this.

You start out in Los Santos and are in your rivals turf. Varrios Los Aztecas after getting beat up and robbed

The game revolves around money in a big deal. I’d reveal the big idea but I don’t want to ruin it.

Multiplayer is in again. There are a couple of new game modes, co-op story and 32 player game modes for consoles and 64 player for PC, PC also includes dedicated servers

Pc comes out on launch and is being ported by Leeds. From what they’ve shown us it is optimized much better than GTA 4

San Andreas includes all the same cities from GTA SA and this time they have all become a bit bigger as well as much more detailed.

Gang turk wars are back. This time not only the general gang are in charge but different sets such as 57th Ballas or the Eastside Azteca. The have their own graffiti. You can tag up stuff with custom sprays too.

(SPOILER) In the end your protag dies once again just like in RDR. Afterwards you play as his brother who inherits the money.

“The Money” I refer to comes from a massive drug trade that ****s to San Andreas. It is fought over a lot throughout the story and it comes with lots of money. It has ties to your family so it becomes a bigger deal.

The timeline continues off of GTA 4. It is reference a lot. I’m not really sure whether Niko dies but he’s mentioned at least twice.

Car modding is back so is lowriding of course.

There are 9 radio stations. It features a range of music. Some of the rap is new, some is old. There’s a better selection than GTA4 though IMO.

Military has returned in the 5 star wanted level except they are referred to as the National Guard.

Cover system is upgraded and players more smoothly

The moral decisions you saw in GTA 4 have more effect on the story now. There are a total of 4 unique endings 2 bad, 2 good. Whether protag dies in all of them you’ll just have to figure out since the endings are actually pretty cool.

More girlfriends

Parachutes

Fun cheats are back!"
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,882 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    I don't really like that I'm missing out on multiple outcomes
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,882 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    It needed some good music and 1 memorable "oh snap" moment . It looks and sounds like same ol' but bigger and better graphics.

Is this for ps4?
  12. Alumni2k11

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    From GTA5's wiki page...

"Despite implications from gaming publications, the game does not appear to take place in the other two cities in the fictional state of San Andreas - Las Venturas and San Fierro."

If true, that would be disappointing.
  13. Air Force One

Air Force One Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I always loved this series but for whatever reason I didn't like the last installment. My favorite was(and still is) GTA III, followed by Vice City and San Andreas....I'll still buy this though just to check it out. I sure hope the soundtrack is better than the last one. The only songs I liked were 1979 and one by Fleetwood Mac(can't remember the name right now.) For me personally, the music is half of the experience and helps to immerse you into the city. That's one of the things I LOVED about Vice City...
  14. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    Nico was an incredibly boring character, both the expansions where a lot better then the main game cause the featured better main characters.
    Music was pretty boring too in 4, but the talk radio was funny, Judge Grady was all kinds of awesome
  15. Air Force One

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I agree about Nico...I guess my main problem was the fact that you had a HUGE fantastic looking city, that seemed to lack any soul whatsoever. I don't even know how to describe it exactly.
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

11,882 Messages
    87 Likes Received

My father loved San Andreas, he couldn't say exactly why but he said it had a lot of personality and humor.

He just got a ps3, I told him he probably wouldn't like gta4 because it's more serious.
  17. Air Force One

1,821 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Yup 4 was dark, that's for sure.

I liked San Andreas, but I also didn't LOVE it the way I loved Vice City and GTA III.

I liked to go to the top of the mountain(can't remember the name off hand) and ride off it on a motorcycle and then jump off the cycle and pop a parachute. :D

The great thing about San Andreas, imo, was there was SO much to do....just tons of vehicles and terrains and scenarios to really take advantage of the sandbox.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    The most fun I've always had playing these games was running around causing absolutely unrealistic mayhem. Launching motorcycles off ramps, jumping from planes and helicopters with the parachute, running from the National Guard :D

Looking forward to this one -- and yeah, I loved doing the motorcycle jump/parachute pop.
  19. Alumni2k11

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    For what it's worth, Saints Row 3 comes out in 10 days. I prefer the GTA series as well, but at least something to hold over until then.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    [youtube]JoR6Qi1q-os[/youtube]